Monday, August 22, 2016

Babe Didrikson

I pull up to the golf course in my adorable car, the sun has been very hot but somedays I don't even feel it because I love driving it so much. Nothing compares to it, and daily people will tell me how cute it is, so when I pulled up to the clubhouse in my sweet summer ride it was as if I could have just gone to the bathroom and left and it would have felt like a day well spent.

But I didn't dive away. I met up with the gals from work for a little golf. We got carts and clubs and the entire 9 yards. I had never done it before and didn't know to wear cute little spandex skirts, so I dressed up like Babe Didrikson, and wore nylons and shoulder pads.

At one point I was in a river in my nylons laughing up a storm trying to get my ball back as it rolled down the river. Whitney fell out of the cart and took selfies, Deb was our go-to know it all on what clubs to use and Kelsey was our sass telling off the anyone who told us we were too slow, Alexis and I were along for the laughs and did our best to play an honest game.

9 holes in over three hours! Not bad, not bad at all.

I kept telling Deb that I knew why men golfed, it was so peaceful and beautiful, it was a great way to relax and while we did girl talk, I can see men talking about business deals and the nagging wife and the office affairs.

And if it wasn't for the annoying employees there treating us like children, it would have been a perfect day.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.