I drove myself to the airport, I felt mature, sucessful and independent using the extended stay parking, I don’t know why. I parked, took the shuttle in. checked in my bags then realized I left my ID in Rav.
(weird that they didn’t need my ID to check in my bags, so weird) So back on the shuttle to my car. I was watching the clock and listneing to Kynye and it was making me feel so rushed. I wasn’t going to make it and my bags would get on the flight without me. Of course the Shuttle is running so slow. And after I almost dive out of the shuttle on the wrong stop I turned around and explained my problem to the remaining people on the shuttle. So when I do get off at the right stop a man yells “Mam! Mam! I can drive you back, if that helps save time!!” I just yell back “Thank you! I’m over at E7”
He meets me at my car, bless his heart, a bussnies man in a facny car that smelled like it had just rolled off the lot. And he hurried and got me back to the airport. Once past security I gaze at my ticket and read my seat number as the gate number and found myself on the very opposite end of the airpost 5 min before my flight was to take off. So just like home alone I was sprinting though the airport, over the PA they announce that “McKay Orton, plase report to gate A6, your flight is in final call”
It was a weird adventure, I made the flight. But the feeling of being mature sucessful and independent drifted away to leave the shell of what I am, unorganized, daydreamer who charges into a lot of unknowns even if it means making things harder on myself. (with an air of beauity and mystery)
It was a quick trip.
Flight landed and it was off to see JFK’s airplane and then dinner on the water, then called it a night.
Woke up and headed right out to the tulip festival, it was the main reason for the trip and I was more impressed then I thought I would be, it was truly inredible to see those beautiful flowers upon flowers.
Visiting Washington University was a real treat, been wanting to see it for a while.
The library is an old church and holds this almost melodic air, it was lovely.
Then a grand tour of the again, dinner on the water. Then I was heading home the next morning.
Eatting on the water, both nights, was my favorite part of the trip. One place we were among massive yhats, the sun set over the water with capital hill adding to the skyline it was amazing. We had Lobster, halibut, clams and all the fixens. Spent all of the money, and don’t even feel bad about it. Quick trips are sometimes more fun then big ones.
0 comments:
Post a Comment