I have been slacking on blogging, There was a time in my life where I couldn’t fall asleep until I had blogged about the days events. Crazy to think about that.
Highlights.
I didn’t skip out on Canadian Thanksgiving, I celebrated with Breakfast this year at Kneeders.
Invited a handful of friends, most of them who I knew couldn’t make it, but I wanted them to know I was thinking of them. We sat and had French Toast, and it was simple and easy. I didn’t have the energy or the love to go all out so I didn’t and it was fine. Next year. I just hadn't been in the mood to make a big production of anything.
I throw parties at work all the time, I have 200 employees that I watch over and have an overflow of social interactions so when I go home my favorite activities have been putting in a new song and cruising around on my motorcycle, or laying in my bed. I love my bed so much, I miss it, even now as I type my body longs for it and it’s memory foam and it’s flannel sheets.
I got haired to take pictures for a Halloween event and realized I am and idiot and I never have ever known how to take pictures. The lighting was horrid and I was humbled to realize that I suck at taking pictures. I’m really bad at it. SO that was the worst. I came home, bought a new camera that cost me lots of money, lots and lots.
Within two weeks of buying the camera I have it all paid off with little photography gigs I’ve been doing. . I am not claiming to be a photographer, I never want my own business. But to shoot some things and get paid is awesome.
I got paid to go up to deer valley and be an extra in a real-estate movie.
Apparently this is how the big wigs are buying houses now.
They make these insane house commercials, highlighting the entertainment areas and the views and nothing about the closent spaces or if there is a pantry or anything average people would want to know.
Then they view these movies and then hold an auction where you buy the house site unseen.
It is so mental to me, so I sat in the back ground of pictures, at one point we were all in a hot tub acting like we made millions. It was hilarious.
I aslo have been spending way too much time at the theater.
I’m a theater fool, a production fool, a sit-in-the-dark-and-enjoy-live-entertainment crazy. I’m brinking on becoming a full blown thespian here, I even started memorizing a monolog to maybe try out for a play, what???.
This past moth I’ve seen Oklahoma, Aida, Big Fish and then once again it was the Organ loft Theater.
I don’t know how I got sucked in to shows. It must be Drew. It must be hanging around the van dykes house while Scott makes set pieces.
But then again, at Utah Sate I did love watching the slam poets and that is a form of performance.
Big Fish, shoot.
They had a river on the stage, a real river floating all night that they would send props down, and Daffodils and more daffodils.
A friend of mine played the lead and he told us after the show that if someone falls in the river the protocol is to just let them float off set.
WHAT?? Oh man,I can’t handle how funny that is, it makes me want to go every night in order to catch a glimpse at someone messing up.
I think that is why I’m obsessed with live productions.
Edward Bloom, I’ve loved him forever, a charmer, a dreamer, a story teller.
He makes things happen and lives in a world made on imagination. (I still like the movie better)
A world where what you do for work, or where you are from is nothing compared to the adventures you have, and everyone you meet is invited into your along for the ride.
A world where your worth is not accounted by the places you travel or the things you own but rather your outlook on life. And that outlook takes you places.
Drew and I talked and talked after, he paid me the biggest complament in telling me that if anyone in his life was like big fish it would be me, with stories I like to tell or the way I live my life.
This past few months I’ve been trying to be more thoughtful of others, I know it is a primary thing to treat others the way you want to be treated, but that idea really is powerful idea. What if the world was full of people with that mind set? What if just your neighborhood was?
Or maybe we just start on even smaller scales of inspiration and be that person in our family, or close group of friends.
I loved the conference talk of the guy who was all “Maybe the spirit is telling you to clean your room”
So great “Maybe the spirit is telling to stop talking about yourself and listen”
“Maybe you have a lot of things wrong with you and you need to stop pointing fingers and take care of things you could improve on”
I’m paraphrasing.
I just I guess am realizing what power being kind holds, doing things without wanting a return is the best feeling.
Whitney’s talent show/birthday party/verity show was really quite wonderful this year, no one held back, and Willy is my favorite human you don’t get better then Willy, but he shouldn’t have won.
My Dad practiced on his marimba for weeks learning that song he played.
Laura and her husband dressed up for the part.
Adam had to haul a car load of equipment all the way from bountiful.
Eden’s friend fiction was beyond wonderful.
Whintey had RaVoe laughing so hard I thought she was doing to die.
Max did an acoustic heart-moving number of “ Hot line Bling” and RaVoe in her tiny voice was softly singing along.
I learned an entire song in sign language, and it wasn’t easy.
Willy, the man who is so talented it oozes from his fingers, he is wonderful but it was a walk in the park for him.
I bought a giant framed map at the DI, Drew and I ran over on our lunch break. A Chinese man made us buy it.
After I bought it is when I realized that it wouldn’t fit in Rav.
So Drew and I set it on top of Rav, I found a rope we flung over the top and then rolled up the back windows to pinch it in place. Then we rolled down the window to hold the front part of it in the freezing cold air.
This is the third time drew and I have done this, and only once did it end in extreme disaster, so we have it mastered now, and the map is safely home.
My birthday was charming, thoughtful gifts the night before, Drew made sure I got a card from everyone in the company the morning I came into work. I was surrounded by flowers and balloons as I sat and worked.
At one point the entire sales team sang to me, 15 cross fit crazies singing at the top of their voice right at me, felt the love quite hard. I love my job, I can’t say it enough, about three times a week I have this moment where the world stands still and I have this overwhelming feeling of bliss that I work at such a great place, and my roll there is perfect for me. Then it was dinner with the family (and Drew) sushi with good conversation and thoughtful gifts.
It was quiet and simple and nothing will ever compare to the beautiful party of last year. So I will never try. Every year I just hope to think about my 30th birthday party and remember how loved I felt and that will forever be enough.
Thanksgiving was at the Dodges. I tried to announce that Whitney was going to have a baby, we did a puzzle with Bill, then discovered that the dodges floor is perfect for dancing and turned on some records and went to town.
Played with Dozer, ate some food, sat by the fire, planned out our family Christmas card. It was perfect.
I have been spending an excessive amount of time with Drew.
Every play I’ve gone to he was sitting right by my side, decorating the office for Haloween and Christmas was all his brainchild, the one reason the real estate/movie thing was so hilarious is because Drew was there in full charitor as a Rich Drug Dealer. Canadian thanksgiving he was there, and when my car was broken into Drew had to sit in the back seat to avoid all the glass and was freezing by the cold morning air that was unavoidably blowing on his face. He is at work with me all day everyday, we do DI runs and hang out with his family. He is teaching me how to grocery shop and I am teaching him how to drive stick.
He is my best friend. I’m so lucky to have him.
I may add picture to this later. . . but for now know that apart from a few hiccups- life is grand.
2 comments:
I just really love you and adore you.
this post is perfect the way it is.. :D
Post a Comment