I will never understand the world of owning a big deesle truck.
Never.
But when asked to skip out on work for a day and take some pictures of a the big ugly truck I am more then happy to spend a day in the thing especially if I’m not the one paying for gas.
I knew Casey would appreciate the truck a lot more then I would. So we asked him to come and drive it, I don’t know how to describe his excitement.
He said later he felt that nervousness of right before you go on a first date, before the truck arrived.
He almost started crying he was so happy.
(Andie tagged along too, she didn’t have work and wanted to watch Casey google over the beast)
We loaded up and left for the salt flats at 4am to catch the sunrise, letting Cassey drive the entire way.
He would just be driving and for no reason just start laughing, or yelling “YES!!!!”
It was so damn cute.
Sunrise was incredible. Completely breathtaking.
We all stood in awe as the colors changed and the light grew.
Then it was just playing with the truck. Flooring it as fast as we could, blowing black smoke all over the white salt flats. Cranking the country music and watching Casey feel invincible.
This is a Platinum 666 –six doors, six wheels, six something else that is ‘cool’
It was build for a man they call 'The Mussel’ and as we did the math we figure that truck must have coast 150,000 to build. (And that is not really knowing numbers on what they did to the motor)
It is the biggest truck you will ever see. And it gets a wonderful 7 miles to the gallon.
After we came home made some breakfast burritos and crashed.
Casey and Andie slept while Adam and I cleaned off all the salt and got it ready to take back out again.
This is no joke, Casey smiling in his sleep. . .
This is no joke, Casey smiling in his sleep. . .
Took more pictures down by the refineries.
Interrior pictures, it was a joke to be in that neck of the woods, where men who are obsessed with trucks live, seeing grown men turn into five year olds and get so excited about the truck as we covered them in smoke.
One highlight was stopping by Mason’s work at Atlas and giving all of his boys a ride, to fill that truck full of grubby men with Mason’s smiley face in the back seat was hilarious.
Mason said we changed their lives.


0 comments:
Post a Comment