Monday, December 7, 2015

To be, or not to be.

We bought tickets a while ago because I was under the assumption that Benedict was actually going to be there, playing Hamlet.

Hindsight, with the tickets only being $20, and the entire production being at the Park City Library I can see now that I was a fool for thinking that that was the case.

So arriving almost two hours early was unnecessary.
Learning that Ol' Benny-boy was not there and then learning it was going to be a FOUR HOUR production of Hamlet I was getting claustrophobic and looking for a good excuse to bail out early.

It was a live production broadcast from London from some grand theater there. So we witnessed the play, with costume changes, the lights the microphone crackle, and after hamlet dies at the end after a vigorous sward fight you can see his chest rise and fall being out of breath and trying to play dead.
It was so raw and beautiful. And when the four hours are inching towards a close and you are wondering how time as flown so quickly.

Benedict Cumberbatch is brilliant.

I was in consent awe at his ability to memorize all of his lines, and deliver them with such passion. I was completely captivated.

And sitting in the heart of downtown Park City added to the charm, but if you have a chance to see it jump on it. It will shake you.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.