Adam is a dreamer, and a fix-it man. His recent project has been a long time coming because he is simultaneously doing 13 other things. But he has taken a 4-wheel drive 1988 Honda Wagaon and has put a Turbo engine in it, moved the front shaft to the back and powered up the crank. Basically it can do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and because of the all wheel drive it has incredible control.
The way Adam puts it -
1988 Honda Civic Wagon RT 4 wheel Drive (AKA WagoVan) With a 95 Honda Civic Si Vtec motor swapped in it. Built the bottom end of the motor to handle boost with balanced crank shaft, Vitara Rods and Pistons and ARP head bolts. It has a T2 turbo with custom built turbo piping, front mount intercooler, and a mugen waste gate and blow off valve putting out 16 pounds of boost. It has a custom build stage 2 clutch, All wheel drive transmission and a custom built Rywire engine harness. Higher capacity fuel pump and 550 CFM fuel injectors. Neptune Fuel management tuned by Element Racing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY
(Just like I said.)
So for Labor day we took it on a short spontaneous camping trip.
Stopped by the diner in Kamas, or Oakley, or wherever.
Then headed up to Mirror Lake Highway to find a spot by Trident Lake.
It was nice, there were a lot of people up there, but it didn’t bother us, it was like we were a little vacation community. Everyone was so friendly.
Set up camp, had some amazing Salmon tin foil dinners, sang some disney songs, went to bed, had an amazing egg/turkey bacon breakfast and headed home, short n' sweet, didn’t want to drag on too long of people might think we were dating.
On the drive home Adam couldn’t help it, the dirt road, the mountain air, the funky little car he built and he floored it on the dirt road the car handled really well and the speeds on that little road were way too extreme for my passenger self who had no prior notice that he was going to floor it and was thinking about the birds and chipmunks without a seat belt on. Adam was so happy, incredibly happy, almost scary happy.
When he hit the breaks he noticed that the car was now making a metal clanging/scraping noise that sounded quite horrible.
“you are such an idiot” is all the words I could muster.
Adam, still laughing like crazy stopped the car and went to check, he saw nothing, but the metal on metal scraping noise was still there.
“Just turn up the music so we can’t hear it”
So in attempt to fool people to thinking everything was fine, we pumped the tunes and smiled as we drove past camp sites.
This was all fine and dandy until the back tire blew.
By this time we made it to the pavement, but there we were stranded because Adam didn’t pack a jack, just a tire.
Adam, still is surprisingly high spirits. Starts to think. I sit in the front seat with my legs on the dash soaking the mountain air and the sun.
“What if I ram the back end up onto a boulder?”
“What?? That could destroy your bumper”
Adam walks around thinking and shuffling back and forth, seemingly looking for a magic jack to appear in the bushes.
Then, he figured it out. He carefully drove the front end up on to a little rock, then onto a bigger rock, and with the car balancing, teetering back and forth in the air, he fixed it.
It was really quite hilarious, and he was so dang proud and giggly that he made it work. I told you, he is a dreamer and a fix-it guy.
Oh man, that Wagon is hilarious, he loves that the paint job and exterior looks like crap. Then people don’t expect it to be as fast as it is.
It is the ugliest car in the world, and it really is quite wonderful.


5 comments:
This is amazing.
That car is amazing.
Adam is one of a kind.
I still can't believe that make-shift jack.
You should write short stories and publish them.
I second that. Write short stories and publish them. Bookoo bucks? Yeah I think that sounds right.
I'm amazed at Adam. That is freaken cool. I makes me laugh to think that I got a flat tire at work and both Gregg and Tyler were trying to get the hubcap off the tire with all these tools and we spent probably 45 minutes just trying to do that. And he fixed his tire....with 2 rocks. Genius I say. Genius.
Didn't Sherm Miller drive one of those?
Aaron and Leah, coming from you? I'm flattered.
This is my book. I have written out in my will plenty of money to have the blog published and sold to Donald Trump. The millions will be had when I'm gone.
Love this so much. Sounds so magical and adventurous compared to my existence right now (sleep a lot and feed an infant alot). thanks for taking me to wonderful, adventurous places with your blog posts. xxx
Post a Comment