Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Ain't Nobody's Problem, But My Own.

Really looking forward to a good show tonight.
I love the Lumineers!
Outside at Saltaire, with the salty breeze and the feel of a fading summer with the bright moon was lovely.

Unfortunately the breeze got to out of control for the stage and the solution to the problem was to evacuate the bar area and have the band play in the balcony.
So stupid.

After three song they shut that down too.

I have never walked away with such distaste in my mouth after a show. I paid for that?!

On the bright side, the three songs they did play were charming, and the four fellas I went with were charming too. Not a total loss.

8 comments:

Aaron said...

I want my money back.

Sydnie said...

Fer fun! That jean jacket is totes hot.

(P.S. I do still enjoy doing things on my on-weeks... ;) just for future reference.)

RaVoe said...

I must say, Brian looks great in that jeans jacket!

Stacy said...

hey i was there too! was so sad it had to end early.

Dallon said...

Hmmm...most concerts I go to have a stage, and the band is usually on it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you guys. Craziest short story with a dramatic twist:

So like I said yesterday in my last CommentBlog, the upcoming post was going to be a little harder to locate. I gave some vague clues as to where you should look.. Well what you didn't know is that I pulled those clues out of a very deep and sort of dark part of my imagination. When I was writing down the word dennimjacket (remember, it was one word? I'm trying to remain consistent.) I thought, oh yeah this is going to test the limits of my die hard blog followers. Little did I know that finding a post with those clues would test my own limits and be extremely difficult for me to find. Tip for next time: Maaaybe I'll research a post BEFORE I give you guy's clues. It honestly took me all night to read every post starting in January of 2012. Finally, come September I found something that would qualify with the clues I gave. I mean look at this post! There is a tiny denimjacket in half of the pictures! I was so relieved to find it. At one point, I think it was around 3 in the morning, I began to lose hope that i'd ever find a post that would work. My mind started to spiral to dark places like minds tend to do late at night. I began to question the CommentBlog idea. I started to feel stupid and guilty that I would lead all my fans on a wild goose chase. I began to think of the horrid possibilities that you, like my Vine followers, might loose trust in my blog, and even worse.. In me. It felt like hours were passing, but in reality it had only been a few minutes. The darkness continued.. I started to think about my blog, and all of you who read it religiously. It made me wonder if you guys know more about me than I do. Then it hit. The worst question anyone can ask themselves in the earliest hours of the morning (or latest hour of the night.. You can decide how you look at it- different strokes for different folks I guess. But i'm sticking with earliest hours of the morning.) In the earliest hours of the morning I questioned my own reality.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen The Matrix? Its one of my top five favorite movies. I mainly like it because It was my first real experience with slow motion effects. When Neo and Trinity dodged those bullets I was literally blown away. Can you imagine how long it took them to master the art of moving that fast?? Not to mention how freaking flexible they must have had to be to bend so low and twist so far? Stakes where probably so high on the set of that movie.. If they made one wrong move BOOM, bullet in the shoulder. I was really impressed with that movie. I devoted a few months to strengthen my core in order to do some of their insane stunts. I got pretty good. Maybe sometime I'll show you.

Anyway The Matrix. What is real verses what is fake. I started to wonder if my life was just some catalog of digital words written on some mysterious interface. I took a good five-minute look at my blog and honestly for a second I couldn't remember if anything i'd written on here was actually real. It was strange looking at all the selfies I'd posted wondering if they were actually me. I was petrified as I looked in the mirror that I might find some big fat disgusting girl with tattoos on her face. When I saw my reflection, and it matched the girl in all my pictures I began to snap back to reality. I am that girl in those pictures, and this blog is just a journal of whats happening in my actual life.

Hello sigh of relief.

The lesson to be learned from this whole experience is to:
1. Not stay up so late.
2. Research the clues to my next CommentBlog before I just make them up.
3. Don't believe everything you tell yourself at night. (I can't take credit for 3, its actually a quote I found on pinterest, but its SO relevant.)

Before I go any further, I better leave a clue for the next CommentBlog. This time I know exactly which one it is. It was posted in 2014, and the clue is more of a poem, rather than one word. Ya'll ready for this? (Oh man, now i'm thinking about the SpaceJam theme song! Another one of my top 5 fav's.) The clue is: (x)boyfriends and boats, with a side a crimp.

If you're reading this you made it here. Good luck finding my next top secret post for my most dedicated fans. See you in the comments.

-McKay

Anonymous said...

P.S. Sorry I had to split those up.

I think Blogger is pissed that they didn't think of CommentBlog so now they are trying to sabotage me by making it nearly impossible to post everything in one comment. They can be so annoying. But I won't bite that hand that feeds all my fans.

Powered by Blogger.