Sunday, September 29, 2013

No touching, No touch.

I never thought I would get to this point, and here I am.



My Aunt and Uncle, who live in south Salt Lake asked if I would babysit the dog and the cat for a week while they ventured down to the Grand Canyon. I was thrilled they would ask.

Dogs are great, and to stay at their home with a TV that I could spend some time alone reading or watching a redbox. . . Gold, I was trilled to say yes.

But the downfall is the Dog and the cat both sleep in the bed with my Aunt and Uncle.
It is one big happy party on this comfy King sized bed.
And while I love Dogs, I've slept in many tents with Dogs, a bed? when I'm all clean and cosy? nope! Not going to do it.

So the first night I took the couch.

I could have block the anilmals out of the room and taken the bed for myself, but it was not my house and I wanted so badly for the animals to love me.

I woke up stiff, knowing this couch sleeping was not going to last a week.
So after a beautiful day of bonding with the Dog, the second night I stood by the bed, mapping out how all of us would fit, and talking, aloud, like a crazy person to the dog and cat. Who are watching every move I'm making like they are listening.

"See this line? You have to stay on this side. . . . Your side (point) My side (point) Got it?"

The Dog jumps on the bed like it understands.

I climb into bed, it is perfect, a king bed, with room enough for all three of us and I am still a good foot away from the animals.

Well, my Aunt and Uncle are morning people, the worst kind of people.
Waking up with the sun to 'start the day' to 'go to work' . . . I bet they even have full conversations in the morning, it is awful.
So bright and early the dog is ready to go, and is standing right by me on the bed.
Horrifying way to wake up.
And as much as I shoved him, and hid under the blankets he would not leave, wanted to 'Play'

Well, the dog wants to play? I'll show him how to play! That day I wore that dog out. We went everywhere together. Ending the day playing with horses and Watson, (the dog at the ranch we visited.) until the late hours.
Bed time for us was about 1am, and the dog slept like a baby.
This time I woke up to the dog cuddled right up to my side fast asleep.

Now after you have spent a full two days with a dog and you wake up to it cuddled right next to you it is almost heartwarming. And the beinging stages of love had started to bloom.

So last night was a big step, I embraced the dog in the bed. The cat too.

He slept right next to me, almost sharing the same pillow. This dog is so in love with me, and I told him stories as we fell asleep. We are best friends.

So today I woke up to this jumble at my feet.
And it makes me so happy that I have taught him how to sleep in.

Not that I am all for Dogs in the bed now, but it sure has been a fun change from sleeping alone.
Powered by Blogger.