It is pathetic that I am a grown woman and still cry at the Dentist, I am convinced that no one really understands what it is like to have teeth like mine.
I took the 7:30 front runner down to Orem, meaning I was biking in the downtown in the cold of 7am.
And of course it is the day it decides to snow again, so it was cold, morning/winter cold.
Being on the train reminded me of the train I took while in Germany, it was lightly snowy outside.
I was hoping that when the train stopped that the doors would open to Munich, or Romania.
It almost made the dentist worth it. Almost.
I try to be so brave, I give myself pep-talk, telling myself how strong I am, how it had been 6 years and things have changed.
But nothing has improved at one point my legs, rather then laying flat had risen up and had kicked the over-head light. . . I couldn't take it, with big slow-moving tears making there way down my cheek I couldn't be brave.
The pain that shoots through my teeth consumes my entire being.
I said twice after twisting my head and shutting my mouth, "Sorry, I'm so sorry, let's try again"
I wanted so badly for it not to be an issue anymore.
But now they are clean, my teeth feel amazing, I got a killer new electric toothbrush that makes me so happy. And as a tender mercy from God above after 6 years I am cavity free and everything checked out.
I won't have to do that again for another 6!
And by that time people will no longer be using teeth. (at least in my perfect world this is what we all will resolve to, they will just be for looks, injecting all the nourishment our bodies need through our belly buttons)
(I got my phone fixed, front camera is working now, so GET EXCITED, a flood of selfsies are going to be coming at ya!)
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugh I HATE the dentist! It totally gets worse as you get older. I even hate getting my teeth cleaned... it hurts my teeth! and I hurt all over. It's just a horrible experience. Nick is making me go soon. Good for you for getting it over with!
I don't every mind the dentist because he is my uncle and he is so patient and nice that even if it hurts he goes beyond his power to make it better. Maybe in 6 yrs you need to go see him instead!
Glad that experience is over, for a while at least!
Post a Comment