The snow will never stop, it is piling high and covering everything.
It is overwhelming beautiful, magical, captivating, and everywhere you walk the sidewalks sparkle.
No one was at the restaurant and they had me leave after about a half hour of work last Friday. So with King Charles in the head phones, I took the long way home.
The streets feel like a different place when they are covered in snow, all of the sudden the world becomes so personal, to intimate, listening to the car tires crunch the snow as they pass. It's better cold somehow finds a way to warm up my soul.
I felt (and now looking back it seems a bit dramatic) but I felt as if my life had been an entire series of events that made that moment possible. I could have died and been so happy, I even thought about moving away from Salt Lake because nothing else I could have here could be as great as walking in the snow that night. Time to move on to new adventures.
Got home to play on my free Friday night.
There was no place in all of Utah that wasn't sold out of sleds so Aaron bought some giant Tupperware and we went to the steep un-plowed streets of sugar house and attempted to sled, until I thought my poor toes were going to break off.
I'm crazy about the winter this year, everything about it.
Even all the down side effects are exciting to me too. Cars are being buried, deadly icicles are being formed, people are freezing in their homes. And there is nothing teleology or money or anybody can do about it, no app will get your car unstuck. There is just something exciting to me about being a bit helpless in a sense, remembering God is in charge.
Look at those icicles.
I look so small!
And now. . . enjoy some tunes that I have been taking to the streets. . .
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm becoming such a regular.
that icicle is scaring me.
You commented! I feel so honored.
Come home.
Post a Comment