I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me.
-Freddie Mercury
I finished reading these three books in the past month, (apart from the Romney one, I just couldn't finish it! It was after the election! It was pointless!) I've read My Booky Wook twice now, I don't know why. I should have taken them one at a time. To read a bit of one at lunch and then another one at night is quite confusing.
"He was unashamedly sexual, which was a breath of fresh air. Few people were, back then" -Mitt Romney
(I think that's right? eh?!)
But it's all the same, I strive to be a perfect blend of these three men.
To be a vegetarian charismatic lover, with outrageous fashion sense, seeing the humor in everything, Mormon with strong family values and insanely rich.
That's all I want in life.
McKay Mercury. . . . I can't get over how good that sounds.
After reading these 2.5 books I have three things to say..
One- I want someone to write a book about me.
What a flattering thing. Someone who would interview people who knew you, try to find out if your life was projecting some type of legacy. Would it be inspirational? heroic? would it be comedic? would the entire story be a tragedy? or a failure?
I guess it would depend on what angle you looked at it, I think my life could fit all of the above.
I love thinking about that. Makes me want to write a book about someone.
I wonder if Freddie would have been happy with the way Lesley-Ann Jones wrote about him.
At one point it speculates that the affection he showed towards his cats was filling a void in his life because he couldn't come to the terms with his sexuality, and it really made me laugh right out loud reading it.
What a joke! That is so dumb, it is obvious Lesley-Ann is not a cat lover.
Two- Life isn't always what you make of it, sometimes we are confined to fit into a box mold, even more so within the LDS religion. I hope I always have the courage to be me, whatever that might entail.
Three- Music isn't always about what you play. It is also about what you don't play.
Good books, I would recommend them.
"In one way I am greedy, I just want it all my own way, but doesn't everybody? I'm a very loving person, you know, and I'm a very giving person. I demand a lot, but I do give a lot in return." -Freddie
"Turns out it was mostly a lie. But, at lest for a short while, it was a beautiful one" -Russell
That's all I want in life.
McKay Mercury. . . . I can't get over how good that sounds.
After reading these 2.5 books I have three things to say..
One- I want someone to write a book about me.
What a flattering thing. Someone who would interview people who knew you, try to find out if your life was projecting some type of legacy. Would it be inspirational? heroic? would it be comedic? would the entire story be a tragedy? or a failure?
I guess it would depend on what angle you looked at it, I think my life could fit all of the above.
I love thinking about that. Makes me want to write a book about someone.
I wonder if Freddie would have been happy with the way Lesley-Ann Jones wrote about him.
At one point it speculates that the affection he showed towards his cats was filling a void in his life because he couldn't come to the terms with his sexuality, and it really made me laugh right out loud reading it.
What a joke! That is so dumb, it is obvious Lesley-Ann is not a cat lover.
Two- Life isn't always what you make of it, sometimes we are confined to fit into a box mold, even more so within the LDS religion. I hope I always have the courage to be me, whatever that might entail.
Three- Music isn't always about what you play. It is also about what you don't play.
Good books, I would recommend them.
"In one way I am greedy, I just want it all my own way, but doesn't everybody? I'm a very loving person, you know, and I'm a very giving person. I demand a lot, but I do give a lot in return." -Freddie
"Turns out it was mostly a lie. But, at lest for a short while, it was a beautiful one" -Russell

0 comments:
Post a Comment