There is a part of me that I feel very connected with when I am with Nathan. There is no other way to describe it. I adore him, and any adventure we have is amazing.
Nathan had to pick up an amp from a friend in Oregon, and so I tagged along for the ride.
And our three day trip turned into what felt like 4 weeks- in a good way, savoring every element, every sensation, turning the hours into days. The different shades of green that covered everything, the brisk salty air, the mural at the pizza place, all of it's wonder was not lost on us.
Reminds me of a line from a poem-
"To become a little bit more obsessed with this moment, and a little bit less about how it had been done before, or ever will be done again." -Buddy Wakefeild
Nathan rented a yurt on Harris Beach, very southern Oregon.
We spent two nights there taking late night walks on the beach, sunset walks on the beach, and daytime walks on the beach, climbing rocks, crossing rivers, eating food, listening to the new Animal Collective Album.
Our yurt was amazing, how have I lived this much of my life without staying in one?
On the drive home we stopped in to see the majestic Red Woods. .
I've never been, and it's been on my to-see list for a while, and it did not disappoint.
I felt like a freaken ewok.
I love Oregon, I love my friends.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So Cool! :D
Awesome ride, looks like an amazing adventure, glad you have somebody that special to share it with, you guys make a great couple ;)
Happy Holidays!
Because I am incredibly jealous of your yurt/redwood/beach adventure I am leaving this comment: Your tan coat looks very sister missionary.
*sticks out tongue*
*sighs*
Ha! oh man, My mom calls it my sleeping bag coat!
I think it is so hip!
Thanks! Happy Holidays to you too!
I love Nate Evans
Post a Comment