Sunday, June 24, 2012

Leeds Canyon

Kenn informed me that the black rhino beetles were flying around like crazy in Leeds Canyon (southern Utah) It didn't take too much convincing, and work was surprisingly easy to get off, so last night I went down to St. George, night collected until about 2am, and then drove home.

I think the word then Kenn kept using was "Buckets" in describing the amount of beetles.
After we had been hunting for about two hours I was confident it was a lie to get me to come down.
Kenn sears it was a fluke.
But I caught a small handful, enough to make the trip worth it.
Kenn is coming to Salt Lake this weekend, and he has promised to bring me some more.

Either way, it was a great excuse for night hunting.
Whitney tagged along, her first time night hunting, and she loved it.
I love being in the middle of a dark secluded canyon, in your lawn chair, watching the light, spiting sunflower seeds and being serenaded by the gentle hum of the generator.

Little rhino beetles climb up my braid. 



Me. Aaron. Kenn. 
. . . there is no other way I'd rather spend my summer Friday nights.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.