Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm Yours, Play Me

The Utah Art Society (or whatever they call themselves) is doing a fun project downtown, they have placed 8-10 upright Pianos on the streets in different spots around the city.
They have painted them these bright colors and they all have big sings that read "I'm Yours, Play Me"

We were all walking down for some late night sushi and passed a homeless man who was at one of these pianos. It was dark, and I couldn't tell if the song was playing was in a minor key, or if he even knew what he was doing, at times i felt like he was playing scales or a song, but it was sending this fantastically creepy vibe into the night air.

A night or two later Aaron and I found ourselves in the downtown and we took advantage, learned a little duet, sat and played until about 4 in the morning. 

This city, shoot, I'm so obsessed.

Here is one of 82 crappy videos we took of it. .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i read about this project i thought of you and wondered if you would seek one out and play!

Juje said...

I love your song!

Powered by Blogger.