The countdown as officially begun.
For me this countdown has been going ever since I bought my ticket 8 months ago, but came to the dection to keep my excitement off this blog for fear of over whelming the readers with my overenthusiastic and maybe borderline bragging additude towards the entire thing. You are Welcome.That, and it has kinda been my own thing, I didn't want to share it. . . Some people have very strong weird opinions.
I did manage to drop hints, I couldn't help it.
But the truth is I have days until I board the plane that will take me to LA, then Taipei and then arrive in Bangkok.
I'm going to Thailand.
And I could go on forever talking about the things I have planned for myself, I could tell you how I have rented a bungalow for two on a island, or talk about how I'm going to be spending three nights with some lesbians in the jungle, or a week meditating with the munks in Cambodia. But I won't. .
So in preparation for this adventure- I have watched the movie "Taken" and took a few notes, (and gave my Dad some tips.) I have learned form the youtube how to say helpful phrases in Thai such as "do you speak English?" or " give me back my clothes!" I have bought a out-let converter, that is good in all outlets around the world, in case I make a pit stop in Norway or New Zealand on the way home. I have put up some mosquito nets around my bed, hoping this will help lessen the jet lag, tricking my body to think it is already in Thailand. I have been growing out my hair so I can braid it everyday and pretend I'm Lora Croft when I climb all over the Temples in Cambodia. I have bought new shoes, some real nice 5$ sunglasses, I have been running to be in good shape to carry a backpack around and hike, (and to look dang good in my bikini on the beach. (my legs are amazing)) I have my desktop picture a beach in Thailand, been taste testing the different Thai foods in the area. And I have been stalking my X-boyfriend's Thai friend on facebook (don't know what good this is doing, but every bit helps).
It is consuming my every thought, my every Google search, my every romantic daydream and has been a very helpful motivator to save money. It was quite the temptation upon finding out that the Halloween store in American Fork had and entire section of Lady Gaga memorabilia, I can't say I didn't debate cancelling the trip to use the money for re-vamping my entire wardrobe.
It's a one way ticket, and I've set aside money for the ticket home. . and I'll just go until my play money runs out, I hope to make it through the new year, Christmas in Malaysia sounds lovely. Ah! to be young and beautiful.
Feel free to send money to support the trip. I am taking donations.
4 comments:
This is probably my favorite post ever of yours. You are going to have so much fun, I can't even stand it. Wish I could go.
"... learned from the youtube..." loved this as well.
HAVE FUN, MCKAY! It'd be hard not to.
So soon.
FABULOUS! i love that you're going. if i could give you my 2 cents, i'm so glad i kept a makeshift journal when we went to africa that i wrote in every day to remember all the little details. and that was only for 10 days. i can't wait to hear about the months of awesome experiences you'll rack up! have a blast.
My little brother just got his mission call to Bangkok Thailand and I can't tell you how jealous I am of him and you! Sounds like an amazing adventure! Something I wish I had done while I was still single and somewhat carefree.
-Ben (Li's hubby)
Post a Comment