Thursday, January 28, 2010

"where the sun don't shine"

Frost was covering my world today and it made me think of Canada. It was so beautiful.

It is hard to remember what this place looks like in the summer, I walked past a grassy hill today that once upon a time I had sat in shorts and a tee shirt and eat a scottsman. Now it is hard to get around without my gloves and I have lost one glove that my mother gave me, and one that my grandma gave me, so I wear a miss-matched pair, light gray and black. My teeth freak out on average 2 times a day as I walk around campus, and I can feel the inversion in my lungs when I breathe.

I still love the cold, I love my scarfs, and a hot drink.


I just checked the weather. It is 23 degrees but it feels like 16 with the wind. Tonight is should drop to 8.


I feel like I have rights to love the summer more than anyone, because I make it through Logan winter.

Last fall I planted 60 tulips. I’m excited to watch them come up this spring. 3 more months? 4? Soon.

Every once in a while i think about those tiny bulbs under the earth, frozen stiff waiting for the warmth to wake them up. That will be a good day.

2 comments:

Sydnie said...

I love that the frost removes all color from campus. Evergreens are now white. Other trees are white, not brown. The blue of the A is white now. A complete sheet of frost.

Jenna said...

Yeah, I think you can love summer the most. When I think about how cold it is here, I always think that wherever you are in Logan it is about 10 degrees colder. It is true though that I have never loved summer more than living through this winter. I think summer is my new favorite season.

Powered by Blogger.