last night as i was cleaning the store- i kept noticing these ants, one here, one there. . they all had long wings, so i started to put them in a bag. . It was so fascinating to me, and i began to be obsessed with collecting more and more. So instead of cleaning them up, i was hunting for them.
They looked so cool all together in my bag. Just then, this lady came through the drive through. I opened the window to help her, and i noticed that there was like 10 of the winged ants crawling around the window. . . the lady could not leave quick enough. i grabbed my bag and stood at the window grabbing them. While i was collecting at the window i looked down and outside i saw not one, but 4 different, yet all equally big, piles of ants, smaller- without wings, making there way into the cracks of mooch's.
Now, working graves and being alone for hours i've actually come to find there are times when it is natural to talk to yourself. . . moments like this. . . "oh my heck. . . you can't just burrow into mooch's like that."
I went to the sink and got the Raid. . . "You mess with mooch's, and I'll mess with your very life"
I walked to the door raid in hand, and as i opened the door it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Ants EVERYWHERE. . . the larger ones with wings, flying all around the lights out by the pumps. . .hundreds and hundreds. . and the ground looked like it was sparkling from their wings as they walked on the ground. . . i've never seen anything like it.
I ran back in and got my bag, and then filled it and filled two other bags too. I grabbed the broom and would sweep them into big piles and grab them by the hand fulls. .
Funny part is-I'm sure I looked crazy and there was two cop cars parked across the street and they had nothing else to watch on the dead Logan streets but me. And it was making me laugh cause from across the street you can't see the ants. . . you could just see me. . . running round with plastic bags. . . but it was so worth it, I have bags of them now! BAGS!
I would like to know what is going on, I haven't had time to look up what kind of ant they are or if they were feeding or swarming or what have you.
Also Susan (Or diet mountain dew, lots of ice, lady) came through the drive through. . I got her drink and walked back to the window and she was out of her car and throwing things.
"What are you doing!? get back in your car!" (she is one who loves to joke around)
"a bug just flew in my car!"
Oh my, serious? you jumped out of your car cause a bug flew in the window. please lady.
"look there it is! . . get it!"
I looked in her car to see a Giant Water Bug. these are one of the Largest insects in the states, The only other live ones I've seen where on a little bug adventure i had in Arizona.
They feed on mice and birds. They fly and attach themselves to the bird, mid flight, sting it, it dies, then they eat. . . so crazy, so cool.
And there is was in her car, so crazy. He is mine now.
I'm telling you, somthing is happening with the insects. . . It is called Summer. . .and i'm stuck working. . . Blah.
3 comments:
Creepy.. This needs to be a stupid black and white movie.
Yes! attack of the flying killer ants.
good thing you were there. nice bracelet by the way.
Post a Comment