I met a women who lived in Grimsby Ontario. She loved to garden and paint, she had this really neat abstract picture that hung in the front hallway that she had painted of the earth, when it is being "renewed and receiving it's paradisaical glory" and it was amazing.

She loved chocolate but had given it up because her husband said he would go with out alcohol if she didn't touch chocolate. . she hadn't touched it in 7 years. And her husband was still waiting for the day she would brake. . .it was endearing.
But the thing that has stuck with me the most about that women was her Orchids. . she had a bay window in the front room that she had all different kinds of ceramic pots with beautiful Orchids.
I asked her way too many questions about them, it was amazing to me to find out that they didn't need soil to grow. . and how they can live for years and years. . I love the simple single stem and the large green leaves at the bottom.
SO the first day i got home from Canada my only request was to stop by the highland farms. . . and RaVoe let me buy an orchid. . It was so wonderful to have my own.
I moved it into a nice pot and got some real nice wood chips to place around it's roots. . and from that day on I have been watering only leaves of the plant. . . no flower, not even a hope of a stem reaching up. .
That was almost two years ago.
2 weeks ago when I noticed that a stem had started to grow. I was so excited.
And today I woke up and there, right by my window, the first flower had bloomed. It was such a happy thing to wake up to, i didn't touch it but pulled up my office chair and sat and watched it. . . . a little miracle that had happened in my room while I slept.
The wonders of the world never cease to amaze me.
4 comments:
you are blessed.
That really is so poetic. You should watch 'Adaptation', based on the book 'The Orchid Thief'. If you want to watch it edited you can borrow my Clearplay.
amen.
I love that story so much, I am so delighted for you.
Post a Comment