Sunday, March 19, 2017

Jen Comes to Utah.

Temple square
Late night at the Pie Hole
Cafe Rio
The Bluebird in Logan
Dinner with the Orton clan in the Highland
Sundance
Tour of BYU campus
Driving out to Antelope Island putting feet in the Salt Lake
Drew's Barber shop
Morni's tree
BYU bookstore
Fire escape at work
Church with the Mid singles
Going to the Mid-sigles ward activities (PT Cruiser hair comb guy)
The Cathedral of the Madeline
The Capital
A convertible top-down tour of the gateway mall and homeless sector of Salt lake
Shopping at city creek
Eating at the Garden on temple square
Park City shopping outlets
Pizza and Ice Cream on Park City Main Street.

And while I was at work she attacked Temple Square and hit up tours and the Library


It was a JAM PACKED week.
But this was Jen's first trip alone, first real stamp on her passport, and she was stoked to see the mountains and be a part of Utah life for a bit. So we had to make it a good week!

Jen a member in the first area of my mission, she lives along the Niagara Peninsula and works as a librarian, she lived with her dad until he passed and has been on her own since then. She is so optimistic and will go with the flow with anything so I took advantage of that and we tore it up! I would give a suggestion and she was always game. And it does my heart so good to play tour guide, I love Utah.

The best part of her trip was seeing the temples, it wasn't planned but once we saw a few it became a challenge to see more. Brenda tagged along too and it was great to road trip around Utah with Mexico, USA and Canada. I made them take terrible selfies in front of each temple, against their own will. (They loved it)

It was fun to talk about my mission, find out how the people in that area are doing. It is weird to think I served a mission, it has been 10 years. Still think it was one of the best things I did for my life, and I still think that little nook of Canada is so charming, it was great to be connected with it again.

Draper:

Provo:
 Provo City Center:


Bountiful:

Ogden:

Brigham city:

Logan:
Jordan River:
 Oquirrh Mountain:

Timp:


And Salt Lake (Not Pictured)
We would have got Payson in there too, but Rav was feeling tired. Next time.

God Bless Utah. Come back anytime Jen!

SaveSave

1 comments:

Jen said...

AWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!! :D

It was a blast! I can't believe I'm sitting back at work and I'm missing every moment it. I miss waking up to mountains and hearing the church bells and just soaking it all in every day!!

This makes my heart SO VERY VERY HAPPY!!

Powered by Blogger.