I've been listening to a lot of Enrique, and playing a lot of Pokemon this weekend. I spent 3 hours by myself in the city hunting Pokemon. I packed a dinner, and walked up a storm.
That sounds really geeky, and I really don't even care. Walking around the city after the heat of the day is beginning to die is a pure delight, and it sure beats the my normal alone activities of netflix with my pants off. I talked to a few people here and there, some young guys giving me tips on throwing my poke balls for a better catch, or where I can go to get a (I forgot the name, it was something cool). I still am so weirded out by this game, weirded out by technology and GPS and clouds and whatever. But really it was great to put in some music and walk, and then lay on the grass and have nothing to do but get up and wonder around again. All over memory grove, the mall, the square, the library and I even made it clear out to the commentary. Cleared my mind, then filled it with new worries, then cleared it again. According to my Pokemon eggs I walked over 15k, that's kinda nuts.
Friday night I went out with some girls from work, they ditched their husbands and kids and I ditched Pokemon and we all went to the Westerner. RaVoe told me later that The Westerner has been there forever, and my Grandpa use to dance there. . What?
I forgot how great I am at Country two-step, at one point I was perfectly upside-down with the only thought in my head being "Point your toes!" I was whipped and dipped and twirled and just found myself screaming most of the night. The guys there are a little grubby, a little drunk, but have moves like evil jungle cats. And hell if my heart doesn't skip a beat when they use that cowboy charm and treat a lady right. It really was such a great time, I can't stop thinking about it. We were the cutest girls there and guys were lining up to buy us drinks.
At the end of the night, when we were regretting the the poor shoe selections we had made and our hair could hide no more sweat, a jumpy little black man appeared on the dance floor. You could tell he knew how to dance, but country was out of his vocabulary. But he gave it his all moving so fast around the dance floor filling up any free space with his energy. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him it was so comical. He seemed to be only 5 feet tall, but his afro added another 4 inches, his arms in full motion, and his face so incredibly happy. It was the cherry on top of such a weird evening. I tried to jump in, we all did. But no one could hold a candle to him.
At one point a guy who had a sweaty slip-n-slide back from the nights adventures said to me "You seem like someone who has to dance to get out energy" and I just looked at him and said "You have no idea"
So I'm all reset! I got my pokemon/alone time and then my energy out on the dance floor! It's like I'm an entire new women, and I still have one weekend day left. Hot Damn!
Monday, July 25, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
this pokemon thing has me stumped - what is the point??? - a few drinks and some dancing seems like more fun
Post a Comment