Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Morning

I was up with the morning goers today, 7:30 on the streets of downtown, dressed and ready for the day, singing the songs in my headphones aloud because the morning cold clean light was so refreshing it make me feel connected to everything around me, forcing me to sing aloud.

It is weird to think of the years I worked in restaurants now, all those mornings of 7am (or 9, or 10am) where I was dead to the world. Oblivious to the morning goers, and while I slept they still got up every morning to do whatever they do, the homeless shaking off the terrible nights sleep, the buss drivers with their overloads of coffee and all the do-gooders who are finishing up the morning bike ride or gym session.

It's a different world in the morning, and after two years of being a 9-5er it still surprises me.
I leave for work early so I can get flowers for my desk, or be to work for a bit before people start bugging me. It feels great to be in my shoes. To live in this beautiful city by the mountains.

Somedays I find it overwhelming the way God smiles on me, and it makes me feel like I have a lot to give back.

Anywho, just thoughts for the day.





1 comments:

Joy said...

I feel like I have a lot to give back too!

Powered by Blogger.