Monday, March 28, 2016

Ronix and Radar

The first time I hung out with Adam he was working a boat show, basically volunteering his time to sale skis and wake boards so he could have a shot at working with this amazing company. That was three years ago.
Every year he would go up to this man-made privet lake the company built in Seattle and help out with "Dealer Days" testing out all the gear for the upcoming year.Last fall on our way back from Victoria Adam and I stopped by the lake so he could show me what he had been talking about for years. It lived up to everything Adam said it was, it is a magic place that is secluded by massive pine trees. 

Well, about four weeks ago Adam was working another boat show for them in Salt Lake giving all his energy like he usually did, and at the end of the show they offered him an awesome job, starting as soon as he could get up to Seattle. It was so crazy to think of Adam leaving so soon, he quit his job, he had to finish all his car projects, sale is snowmobile and motorcycle, git rid of a handful of his stuff, and just like that three weeks were gone and Adam's car was packed to go.

I drove with him to prolong a hard goodbye. Adam found a place to say, one of the guys he is working for had an open house just sitting vacant, Adam really scored with this charming 6 bedroom house right on the lake. We got him somewhat situated, and then spent the weekend exploring. 

Adam had been to Seattle a number of times to go to the lake, but had never done anything touristy in the city, and that's all I knew, so I was his tour guide and showed him around his new city. It was weird to think that Adam was now a local there. 

Sunday we had Easter Dinner with the CEO's family. And just as quickly as he got the job offer was as quickly as I had to go. 

I hope working for them is everything he wanted it to be. Seattle is beautiful, it was so green and lush, flowers everywhere. Little shops and colorful houses, it is wonderful. 

Adam was meant for amazing things. 

Adam's view from his new house, so damn charming I can't handle it. 

Seattle was so sunny it was a great day to move to the city. 
Gasworks park, Adam graduated from crossfit. 



This was a favorite place for the both of us, the water level in the bay is different then the water level at sea so the locks control all the boats going in and out, and we sat and watched as they blocked it off and then drained the water. We thought it was cool. (Notice the water levels)
I thought this was so funny. . . This city has everything. 


After the long day of site seeing, we actually did it all again at night, less crowed more mellow.
It was a good day. 

I'm gonna miss this weird-o

1 comments:

Emo said...

I was in Seattle this same day!!! It would be been SO fun if we ran into each other.

Powered by Blogger.