Friday, February 26, 2016

Kerchefskiee

I took off from Salt Lake at 5:30am today. The airport security blew my mind when I was able to board with only a birth certificate and a social security card. They gave me a brisk pat down, very brisk pat down (I didn't mind) and that was it, I was good to go, no security questions or further investigation on if it was really me. I just think that is mental. Any female who had these two pieces of paper could have taken my flight this morning. Weird.


Now I am here in Denver just being a Jet-Set Beauty. I love traveling alone, music in my headphones comes wildly alive and I take on this attitude of assuming everyone is intrigued by my story -Who is she?!? Where could she be going? I wonder if she is single?

I got a little breakfast, not really because I was hungry but I needed to send a work e-mail and I didn't feel right sitting and not buying something.

After the e-mail I clicked over to co-worker (now X-co-worker) Ryan's blog.
After spending a weekend in the Pacific North West this Jersey guy fell in love and that was it, he quit his job and is embarking on a new life out there. It really is wild, mostly because everything Ryan does in his life is to make his life harder on himself - a direct quote from Ryan. So for him to be wild and do something for himself is out of his comfort zone, and this decision did not come without freak-outs, meditation, full moon shifts, and dog therapy.
But I told him/made him start a blog, I love my stupid blog, mostly because I like to look back, I like to have my ramblings recorded. It seemed only natural for Ryan to document this new chapter.

Well, turns out Ryan is quite good at blogging, I'm sucked right in with every post. Who would have thought?

Well, as I open his blog I find that I'm the subject of today's post.

And not only that but damn it I think he has pin pointed me exactly, Ryan can see right through my seriousness and knew I wasn't being serious even when I thought I was. Does that even make sense?? no, it doesn't. Some of my favorite times at work was just watching him in a panic, messing with him, getting him in trouble. Crazy guy from Jersey with his crazy beard, who was tuned to my level of crazy so I think he understood me better then most.

I don't know if Ryan would like me to link his blog, I have a huge following and to send all my followers to him would be too much. I'm trying to teach him to blog for himself and no one else. He lets things go to his head quite easily. But I want to share this post about me, because I love it and because one day Ryan may go full moon crazy and delete his blog and I want to have his words still, it made me miss my funny co-worker. Work won't be the same anymore.







Today was my last day of work. It didn’t even seem so bad. Probably because my actual last day is tomorrow. But one of my favorite people will not be there and I guess it just won’t be like a normal day of work. This person being McKay. She has been one of my favorite people I’ve met in Salt Lake by far (and of anywhere ever!). What an awesome human being. 
Too Mormon to be hippie and too hippie to be Mormon. That’s a quote straight from McKay herself and it couldn’t sum her up more. 
She’s told me Mormonism just speaks to her on another level. It’s who she is. And I respect that. Yet I think she only ever told me those things when I would evoke her equal counterpart – and she would start to feel hippie gypsy McKay taking over. Kinda like how the moon also speaks to her… And to me.. And the earth and bugs and flowers.. Just to fill you in she’s a hardworking girl with deep roots in Utah who isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty hailing from a family of true cattle herdin marlboro man esque Cowboys. She says things like useto-could buggin fixin to heber a Provo flip flop which is some kind of ute dialect that means I love the wasatch front. She is a bee keepin, bug aficionado, tarot card reading, fortune teller, kombucha Brewer and drinker, dream catcher weavin, social media master/recluse(at times), confident, silly, funny, master of her universe. She also has been on fiyaaaaa lately.
Everyday when I’d hop off the elevator on 10 she’d never have the slightest idea what insane thing I’d blurt out. That same panic-stricken face of mine she loved to provoke was the same exact face she never realized she gave me a million times in preparation for whatever assanine thing I was going to say that day. I will definitely miss spending the very few seconds I would allow myself away from my desk a day trying to make this girl laugh. Ok.. Might of been more than a few seconds. Might of been a lot.. Maybe too much on some days since I’m borderline a hyperactive puppy. Or an insane crazy psychopath? Which she did put out there as a survey question to a few people-is Ryan more like a playful puppy or a hysterical psychopath not fit for society? (Survey results are confidential)
Hahaha oh McKay.. I’d argue we’re both not fit for society but I think we’re both exactly what society needs.




God bless people who make us love who we are. . . Ok, I'm going to go find a bench to sleep on. 

2 comments:

Joy said...

send me a link to his blog immediately. and then ask for his hand in marriage.

Ryan said...

I love this. I legit can not read the line "he lets things go to his head QUITE easily" without cracking up. And yes this is me secretly plugging my own blog.. *eh hem http://rdotkraz.wordpress.com I won't let it go to my head I promise! (I imagine McKay rolling her eyes at this comment and saying oh dear)

Powered by Blogger.