Monday, January 25, 2016

The air cover melted to the choke in the throttle!

I don’t like wearing a lot of clothes. I think as I am getting older it is getting worse. 
So when you layer me up, put a “Snow sock” on my head, a mouth guard over my mouth, a helmet, goggles and a backpack I kinda freak out. I feel like a little kid. For the first 10 seconds after the helmet is forced on my head I fight back tears because I hate it so much. 

I had my own sled, and that was a great improvement from last time being on the back sucking in exhaust and not being able to look forward.
But my goggles stated to fog half way into the ride, they were digging into my nose and I was doing the throttle wrong and my grip was shaky. 

I didn’t want to be a baby, I wanted so bad to be hardcore and keep up with the boys. I’m not scared, I really just hate it. I hate ripping through the silence of a winter wonderland with a loud machine that takes all my leg and arm power to control. I’m left feeling like I need to find a bear to hibernate with. 

The cabin was huge, it is fun to daydream of having a big place away from home that everyone in the family, the extended family, can enjoy. There were 26ish of us, and we all had a bed. 

Apart from the cabin there was a separate cabin for Grandma and Grandpa when they come, so they can be away from the chaos. (Not pictured) 
They had a big snow cat for the girls and babies to ride up in. It's insane the toys some people have,  and I'm always grateful when people share it was fun to have a bunch of kids take over that cabin. 
And when the boys weren't riding they are fixing and playing with their sleds. They thrive off of it, they sound like they are speaking Chinese to me, it is all so crazy. They get excited when something goes wrong so they can all stand around and fix it. To an outsider it is pure insanity, they would just call it 'Bonding'


The ride back home I was prepared for, I was prepared to cut my nose again, prepared to feel like I was dead, I was prepared to suffer. I didn’t wear the face sock. Different goggles, different helmet, and we headed out. The snow had piled up and there was a fresh blanket of new fluffy snow, I knew the trail from coming up it before and it was actually a dream. It was the first time I actually enjoyed snowmobiling, it make sense why the boys obsess over it. There were times it felt like I was riding on water ( I guess that isn’t too far off). Adam said he couldn’t keep up with me and was scared I was going as fast as I was. 


I was actually quite thrilled to feel that love that the boys had for it. 

Utah really is quite incredible with the versatility is has to offer, the snowy roads were stunning to drive through. 
I was glad Adam watches out for me. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.