Saturday, January 2, 2016

Dozer

Ohh how I hate dogs.
Maybe that is not fair to say, I just hate when anyone/anything leaves saliva on my body, or hair.
Is that crazy? Am I crazy?

But the dog its self is actually quite lovable. I feel in love with Rainy. I feel in love with Unita so I guess my firm stance on hate for dogs is not very firm. But this weekend was my biggest dog mountain to conquer. Literally.

This is Dozer, 195 pounds of him. 

Poor little Dozer, he can't help but be terrible. It's just the way God made him, some people have a challenge of balding at a young age, some have large noses, or hands that are too small, for Dozer his cheeks can't contain the amount of saliva produced, his back legs are not attached to his brain and his hair falls out all day, everyday.

But it's not his fault, and maybe this giant creature was never meant to be domesticated. Maybe humans have messed up God's grand design once again. But then if you spend a day with him you will realize that this poor dog maybe wouldn't live without assistance.

So that's what I did, three days of assisting him.
He doesn't go up the carpeted stairs, so if he find himself in the basement you need to let him out the garage so he can run out and around the house to the back door.
He lays worthless in the snow spontaneously taking violent bites of the snow in-between his lazy spells.

But all he really wants to do is be your friend, it is quite cute, I would pull out his leash and we would take long walks around he would stay right by my side, pleased as punch to be out in the cold weather. He would wrestle me around in the snow head butting me and nipping at my hips. And wherever I walked in the house he was right at my side, wanting to see what I was reading or working on, wanting to watch the Dick Clark New Years countdown. Sitting right outside the door as I took a shower wanting me to be done showering. It's hard to not like a creature who loves you.

So apart from me being freaked out from noises of the house, it was a tolerable with a slight twist of pleasant that I got to watch him. I was happy to give Whitney and Mike the break.



When I told him to come inside I got this:
He loves the cold. 

Look how good he is to walk right at my side, I couldn't get enough of that.

That face, that poor slobbery cute face.

I bought him a bone for Christmas, he didn't care.


Cute Dozer, can't help but love him. 

1 comments:

Joy said...

You were the perfect person to watch him!

Powered by Blogger.