It was the classic conversation of "we haven't has a picture together for YEARS"
and then brain storming what to wear, where to take it, the boys rolling there eyes, RaVoe trying to stay up beat.
Then I had a idea to spice things up a bit, take some absurd formal picture.
I was surprised when everyone seemed to be on board with dressing up. Even Mike Doge was game.
So I went on amazon and bought up some cheap dresses, I didn't want it to look like prom or a wedding, I wanted it to look slightly ridiculous with a fabulous vogue vibe.
Drew's Dad had a tux that fit my dad, and we also rigged the theater, and gathered lots of clothes.
The building across the courtyard form my office had a fabulous staircase and it was easy to find a find and borrow his building card to get in after hours.
The dresses came in the mail and they were a mess.
The suits on the boys were way too big and we sandwiched clipped the back of them to make them fit. Andie's dress was missing sequences and the zipper wouldn't zip.
But if we placed everyone at the right angle, you couldn't tell.
When we got into the building it was decked out for Christmas, so we took sometime to move the Christmas tree, get rid of the poinsettias and rig up some extra lighting.
It was painless and fairly quick, we were impressed the dog even cooperated. RaVoe was off to a rocky start when Andie decked her out in more makeup then she normally wears, but once she was in the spotlight with her long red dress on it was hard to get her to tone down the inner celebrity that came out, she stole the show.
The hardest part of the entire thing actually turned out to be the fight with Andie and my Mom about not posting the picture on any social media. It is SO HARD not to snap chat you entire life, am I right??
Just let people get the cards in the mail, let the charm of snail mail steal away people's hearts.
Anywho, it was a great Christmas card, I was happy with how it turned out.
Grandma in Ferron was convinced we took it in the Temple, and some reason that made me laugh real hard.
Merry Christmas, may your family be as fabulous as mine. .
(Come over to RaVoe's if you want to see the 12x18 size framed on the mantle place)
1 comments:
who needs the Kardashians or any other Ritzy Families when you've got The Ortons.
Very Classy..
I love it!!
Post a Comment