The story starts two days ago when the Covey’s boiler broke and I was out of hot water.
I knotted my hair and went to work looking like scrub magoo.
The next morning (Yesterday) same story after receiving a written promise posted by the management that it would be different.
So at 7:00 am, in the cold of the morning, I was bent over in my shower washing my hair with water that was on the brink of ice, doing everything I could to keep it off my skin. Even typing this now a day later I am getting the chills. (My hair ended up looking great and dried fabulously, but that is beside the point!)
I only worked half a day, left the office at noon grabbing my rain jacket, umbrella, small chairs, hat, and headed up to stand in line for a concert that was beginning in 7 hours.
Mark Knopfler came to Red Butte, and my Dad has been a fan of Dire Straits for as long as I can remember. His e-mail is always dire_St@yahoo or Dstraight@gmail (Please don’t email him)
So he drove home from vacationing in Wyoming to go with me. It made no sense to have two people wait in line so he showed up as the show was starting with a sandwich for me.
Wet socks. For nine hours. Wet socks for 7 hours after I had taken a morning cold shower.
I thought it would be years before I could get my core temperature up again.
But as Mark Knopfler and Pill Collins took the stage, everyone put away their umbrellas and didn’t care about the rain or wet socks anymore.
It was a great night. I admit that I don’t know Dire Straits as well as my Dad would like me to. But I do think ‘Romeo and Juliet’ is one of my top 5 favorite love songs and he sang it with soft blue lights and the sparkle of rain around him. It was lovely.
I’m glad I can say I shared that night with one of their biggest fans.

0 comments:
Post a Comment