Welp, just like that Whitney is married and I’m back at work.
WHAT???
WHAT???
Whitney wanted to know last night via text if I could take a long lunch, and then casually asked if I wanted to meet them at the court house to be a whiteness to her wedding, so simple so causal, just like that.
-Do you have any flowers!?
-No
-Can I get you some?
-Sure!
-Should I dress up?
-Mike has a friend from work coming. I doubt he will dress up. But Mike and I will be dressed up.
If you wanta wear a dress that will look good.
So insane.
-Do you have any flowers!?
-No
-Can I get you some?
-Sure!
-Should I dress up?
-Mike has a friend from work coming. I doubt he will dress up. But Mike and I will be dressed up.
If you wanta wear a dress that will look good.
So insane.
So I skipped over to Trader Joe’s to get her some flowers and bought some rice. (I debated for a while in the store what kind of rice and I went with Jasmine. Who cares about the birds!)
Whitney looked amazing her hair was wild, her skin was glowing, and her dress was so simple and perfect.
Mike was getting sweaty and kept talking real fast.
I think at one point I was working three cameras.
I think at one point I was working three cameras.
Randy and Steve looked real nice too.
Mike was nervous, then I was nervous.
Mike was nervous, then I was nervous.
We were ushered into a small room with a terrible heart wreath and florescent lighting, and the Lady refused to put on her robe "it's too hot to wear my robe" (would you call her a minister?) she spoke some words, Whit got choked up and then they were married.
It was over before is began, Whitney was shaken with a bit anxiety trapped in this florescent government room as Randy took picture after picture, thinking that this is how her wedding would be remembered florescent, plastic flowers and no robe. Oddly those ended up being the things that made it perfect.
Quick and cheesy then outside we took pictures and everyone was giggling like kids, knowing we had all been a part of something big that our parents didn't know, it made you feel like you were in high school again. Overcome with a simple joy that the big fancy weddings can't buy.
This was an elevator selfie as we are leaving the court house, it makes me so happy.
(It beats Ellen's Academy Awards selfie by a long shot.)
It was over before is began, Whitney was shaken with a bit anxiety trapped in this florescent government room as Randy took picture after picture, thinking that this is how her wedding would be remembered florescent, plastic flowers and no robe. Oddly those ended up being the things that made it perfect.
Quick and cheesy then outside we took pictures and everyone was giggling like kids, knowing we had all been a part of something big that our parents didn't know, it made you feel like you were in high school again. Overcome with a simple joy that the big fancy weddings can't buy.
This was an elevator selfie as we are leaving the court house, it makes me so happy.
(It beats Ellen's Academy Awards selfie by a long shot.)
So, I have an older brother now. I love Mike so much, and I’m happy he is part of the family, and mostly I’m happy that there is a good man to take care of Whitney, she deserves the world. It’s been a hot, sweaty, quite wonderful day, and if it wasn't for the rice that stuck to their sweaty bodies rather then falling romantically to the ground, it would have been perfect. So great.
I wish I could be there when they tell my parents, there is no way, NO WAY of knowing how they will take the news. . .
I love my crazy family.





3 comments:
So I guess everyone knows now! So crazy! I love it.
Omg this is so cray! Congrats to Whit! How'd the fam take it? I want to know so many more details!
Post a Comment