Monday, October 20, 2014

Sad Day. . .

Last night the Downtown Macaroni Gill closed it's doors forever.

Today Corporate gathered us together in the early hours of the morning and told us that they were "so sorry" and "good luck".
It was just another day in the office for them.

"Sad" isn't the right word, I don't know what word would be appropriate, to look around the place and see the faces of the people I love, that have come to feel like family, all somber, all worried about the future. I think all Joe said was "I don't know how I'm going to pay rent"
Codge cried, I didn't do well holding it together, I hugged John a little too long, stole a water bottle and left.

I become obsessed with my work, and working at Macaroni Gill may have topped the charts.
I have learned more these past two years about restaurants then I ever thought I would, and I have fallen in love with the people I work with, head over heels. So it was quite devastating to see it all end. What is the world going to be like with out co-worker Chris? I had hoped I would never have to know.

And while I was never planning on staying at Macaroni Grill forever, I was planning on being able to visit there, it is just heart wrenching to see it end. A feeling that only the movie "You've got Mail" could accurately portray.

On to bigger and better things.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh no!! That is so sad. You just bore your testimony about that place! I hate that. Terrible news.

Joy said...

so sorry, I guess it's time to start a business together, once and for all.

Unknown said...

I hate Joe. I hope he gets evicted

Riana Grace said...

What the?? That is terrible!! Maybe you should come run a kitchen out here. This city could use an Orton.

Powered by Blogger.