Thursday, October 9, 2014

ABC Market

I've lived in my apartment, in my city for 3 years now.
I have made millions of friends who live on my city block.

On my city block, tucked away by the scary ally way, and the crack head apartment complex is the ABC market. . . we don't go in there. .. . no one does.
None of my many many friend I have made go in there.
Drew did once, he was scouting out a spot for a photo he was doing.


Then Whitney moves in, she has been there for maybe two weeks, and she loves it.
I guess it reminds her of Romania, There was "ABC Markets" at the bottoms of lots of apartment buildings there.

I went there with her tonight, and as we approached it the full moon moved though the clouds.
There was bars on the windows and doors, and a old germ infested pay phone, and entering the store it did not get any better.


You can buy Oreos, Saltines and Ritz by the sleeve, and you can rent 90s VHS movies. . . RENT.
Whitney was impressed with the oyster selection, and that the Asian man behind the counter was wearing purple plastic gloves.
It was dark and bare, and just as you would assume it would be.
A little late night adventure, a perk of being in the city.


It is quite endearing the things Whitney can be smitten by.

1 comments:

Joy said...

This is mind-blowing to me... it's so close and so convieniant.

Powered by Blogger.