Thursday, September 4, 2014

Spawn Till You Die.

The Ferry arrived in town along with four massive cruse ships. .
So the town was going crazy, people, old people, everywhere!

We knew Andie was driving bus, but hells bells it was impossible to know what bus was Andie.
So we bought Carmel corn and sat on the street corner and watched, and walked and watched, and then watched. . . Other buss drivers would wave, one yelling at us "You're Andie's Mom!"
Crazy.

Then up around the tunnel there she was, driving a trolley bus. Her happy face going crazy.
RaVoe and I ran after the bus, cutting around the corner (knowing the patterns of the buses at this point) Then around the corner, there she was again! This time laughing at us and yelling "Go back to where you were!"
So we took off running, rounding the corner, and There she was again!!
This time bus stopped, door open and running towards us, terry eyed and thrilled to see us yelling "My Family!"

It was cute and a lil embarrassing.



We joined her tour for an hour or so, Andie is a riot. So funny, so cute. 

Then it was off to walk around the small city. Andie could not shake her tour guide mode, fast paced and way too happy. 
She bought us dinner, she took us to see her place, we rode a tram down a mountain, it was lovely, I'm so thrilled to be here with her. 





One thing that I never thought I would ever see, never really cared to see was the Spawning of the Salmon.

The river that led to Andie's house was unbelievably full of them, I couldn't even handle it.
hundreds of Salmon, making the river black, I wish I would have had an underwater camera.

At the tail end of their journey, and then they spawn and die, then there are dead fish everywhere.
Covering the banks.
It really was one of the most amazing things my eyes have ever seen, the salmon alone were worth the trip. And that is good because I was starting to wonder if the long car rides were going to pay off.

And just like the that, Mother Nature provides a miracle that I didn't even give much thought to before.


So here is the best picture I can take of the fish.
It's a terrible picture. It's the river. .. . . . . the light brown is the river bottom, the gray/black is the fish.

Unreal.
So cool.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.