Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm Gorgeous!

Remember that 3rd rock front the sun episode when Dick colors his hair?
Anyone remember 3rd rock from the sun?

Dick dyes his hair. . . . well, you don't need to remember I found the clip on youtube. . . .


This is kind of how I felt/exactly how I felt when I dyed my hair turquoise.

It was meant for a week in Powell, but somehow has carried on and on, I became obsessed with myself my hair, and I became a young high school girl with the selfies.

No one could stop me selfies all day. ALL DAY.
Mirrors would make my heart skip a beat, tucking my hair behind my ear was a thrill, taking a picture of anything else would not happen unless I snapped a quick one of myself.

I finally know the burden of gorgeous people, I was my hair was so captivating that I could hardly go an hour with out wanting a picture.

I would have people stop me at the store to tell me they loved me my hair.
I had a awkward encounter with a chef at work that painted a very clear picture for me of how beautiful I was with my new hair.
And for the first time in my life I matched my shoes to my hair.
With turquoise hair I can take on the world!
With turquoise hair I can love deeper and live longer!




But all good things must come to an end, the blue started to fade, leaving me with green, a nasty green.
I've dyed it back to brown, and I felt the power that beautiful women carry wash down the drain along with the brown hair dye.

I'm grateful for the time I had to be a gorgeous women, even if it was only for two weeks.

I've learned that beautiful people are people too, and yes, they make take more selfies, and yes, they can get away with a flip of the hair and a smile as an apology, but when it comes down to it they can contribute a lot to society, and need to be respected as well as idolized.


Now before I go through the phone and delete the selfies, I will post the best ones here.
Marking a time where I was Gorgeous.
Hashtag-Nofilter.

 And already now, as I sit with my brown hair I have no desire to take a picture of it.
Back to my old, slightly above average looking self.
And I'm OK with that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just a polite request that you take more selfies... all the time. Please?

akortron said...

You are beautiful. now do Purple!

Powered by Blogger.