And this was Home sweet home for the week. They wanted to name it 'Ghetto Way' but the other family they share it with felt like they could mask what is was with a more classier name. . . liked 'Seas the day' . . . No one is fooled, we know how Ghetto it is.
It was beautiful, a place where the the frame of the entire boat was caving in, but has now been recently re-enforced by welded bars, the entire thing leans to the right, and not like the other house boats it sits only six inches or so out of the water.
It's perfect and make for an adventure.
Mine and Adam's bed was on the top, at night pads were pulled out of weatherd wooden boxes and 12 of us covered the top, watching the stars shift and the bats fly. It's too easy to forget how big and magical the night sky is, and the city has taken that away from me. It was a treat to sleep with the cosmos once again.
And rest of the time was spent with this guy. A man addicted to water sports, and red rock.
I want to change the lyrics to 'If you could hide to kolob' To 'there is no end to lake powell' I just feel like I can relate better to that.
Endless canyons, endless redrock, mass amounts of still blue water, and a sun that takes 5 hours to set. No shoes, no shirts, no problem. 
I caught my first fish. (well I half way did it, Jake yelled from the back deck and I came running and reeled it in, I really don't think that counts, but they were all quite excited for me)
And apparently I'm a natural at water sports. What? who knew?!
I freaken am amazing, I think it is my arrow dynamic legs. (That's a thing right?)
Adam was quite pleased that we could double slalom ski behind the boat with ease, apparently his best friend is not as good as me. Hot Damn.
We boated over to this hike that took us up high above the water and in between two massive slabs of sandstone. Fearful of earthquakes the entire time.
We took down two Go Pro cameras so my pictures are quite lacking, but a wild and wicked awesome video will soon follow. . . maybe.
Lake Powell, shoot, you done good this week.







4 comments:
My favorite place on earth and I don't think anything will ever top it.
I love everything about all of this. You're a great poet you know.
Looks so fun. There really is no end to that place. But why so many rash guards? Are your arms allergic to the sun?
Adam has a freakishly long stretch armstrong arm in that picture.
Post a Comment