Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mush-For-Brain

When I am a Mother, I'm going to teach my little mush-for-brain-children some manners!

A party of 6 street-youths come in to eat a Macaroni Gill and sit in my section.
(I say youth only based upon maturity level, they were all over 20)

The first girl tries to order off the kids menu.
"Oh, that menu is for 12 and younger" I say
"I don't eat a lot" She says with pleading puppy-dog eyes.
The second boy and biggest disgrace to society says "What is the cheapest thing on the menu for the most amount of food?"
I refuse to answer a question like this I don't care who you are.
"We have some great pastas, and if you want to try a few things we have two for nine appetizers"

He orders a CYOP (Create your own pasta) with no meat and no toppings because it cost extra.

Whatever.

When the food comes out I deliver the CYOP first and have to run back to the kitchen to grab two more dishes. By the time I have returned to the table he is finished with his meal, he has gone godzilla on his food, and raises his plate to me and says "I'm done!"

I finish grading cheese on the other dishes that have not even been touched.

"Can you take this away?" (His plate)
I grab the plate and leave the table to their meal.

As I pass by no more then two minuets later to another table with things in hand he yells at me "Check Please!"

Excuse me?!

I walk over, "Do you want me to split that up or keep the check together?"
"Mine separate and I need it now"
I am just biting my tongue at this point.

I return with the check and as I drop it down he says "I'm still hungry!. . . . Do you have anything here that is free?"
His buddy across the table chimes in "Yeah, the bread"
He then turns to me "I want six loaves of bread"

"I'm sorry, I will have to charge you"
He says nothing, I think he felt my patience wearing thin.

Then before he leaves pulls out his change and counts TO THE PENNY the bill.

No tip.



Where did his mother go so wrong?
Why does this clown think it is ever ok to do anything he did.

No tip? You made me serve you, following your absurd requests with nothing, not one penny of a thank you.


I have his face burned into my memory.
If he and I ever run into each other on the city streets, when I am not on the clock at work he will hear what I have to say. He will live to regret this day.

And I have wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt.
-Maybe he is mentally ill.
-Maybe he is a secret child of the late Ted Bundy and was taught nothing but dark hate all his childhood.
-Maybe it was his first time out of the house. Ever.

Anyway you look at it, it is still not ok, and that 20ish-year-old boy needed a spanking.


But I write this blog not for your mere entertainment, it's for when I have a young yahoo of my own I can read him this story and outline clearly what went wrong before he heads out with friends.


If this was your child, and you are reading this you should be ashamed,  and you owe me a tip.

If you are a parent do us all a favor and teach your kids basic manners. I'm not even asking for advanced stuff, just basic manners would do.
When you go out to eat leave your phone in the car, enjoy the experience/the art of going out to eat, lead by example when you take your kids out.


And tip your servers, we make 2.13 an hour to make sure you are happy.

3 comments:

the Ortons 9 said...

next time, we need pictures.

we need know what to look for, and avoid.

McKayJoice said...

I'm a fool for not taking pictures.

Connie de said...

A great lesson to all.

Powered by Blogger.