Friday, April 25, 2014

Come! Enter into my imagination. .

I am McKay Joice Orton, the Lordest of Salt Lake!
My destiny calls and I go!
And the wild winds of fortune will carry me onward, oh wither soever they blow!
Onward to glory I'll go!



Don Quixote.
A man of determination, a man of honor, virtue and love.
A man of insanity.

Something about striving for the greater good, about a soul filled with determination is empowering.
Something about one who has created a world of imagination.

Something about Opera singers belting 'The impossible dream" that as you sit in the balcony you can feel his vibrato in your heart. The man playing Don Quixote shook the entire theater with his song.


Drew took me and the Parents to the Theater, with treat bags and a tour, we had a grand time.





                                                             To dream, the impossible dream.

To fight, the unbeatable foe. 

To bear, with unbearable sorrow.

To run, where the brave dare not go.

To right, the unrightable wrong.

To love, pure and chaste from afar.
To try, when your arms are too weary.
To reach, the unreachable star.



This is my quest, to follow that star. 

No matter how hopeless, no matter how far. 

To fight for the right, without question or pause. 

To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause. 



And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest, 

That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm, 

when I'm laid to my rest.

And the world will be better for this: 

That one man, scorned and covered with scars, 
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage, 
To reach, the unreachable star.




And I can't seem to shake the story, or stop listening to the music.

Last night at work, the restaurant got slammed. A tornado blew through in the form of a pyramid scheme convention, everyone drinking, everyone demanding. It was more then any of us could bear, it was beyond the limits of what we could handle. And to stand in the middle of the restaurant and to think of the job that lay ahead a deep rooted fear would settle in, knowing things were in chaos. 
The only way is to clear the mind was to push the doubt away and sing as Don Quixote.
"To Try, when your arms are too weary! To reach the unreachable star!"

And with Don Quixote, I can do anything!
Everything ran smooth and I came off better then I hoped I would. 
I feel as though I am in high school again with this big empty future ahead of me, and I can do anything.
I feel like I can create for myself happiness when the Spanish inquisition is out to get me.
I feel like it is my duty lift the Dulcinea around me to see the good that is in them.

What a beautiful thought. Painting the world as a place you want to see it, creating good when others see only bad. 




"I don't think they were asking why they were dying, but why they had ever lived"

Today, I live.


Shoot I love the Theater. . . . Who knew?





Listen to his voice. . .  .It kills me, you can't listen to that and not dream of love.

2 comments:

jujubeecher said...

One of my all-time favorite plays! I get emotional every time. So good.

RaVoe said...

Mckay this post is so inspiring! This post is more inspiring than the play....for me anyway.

Powered by Blogger.