Monday, April 28, 2014

5 Mile Pass

I found myself 1am Friday night alone on the far south end of Utah lake, staring at a sign that said "No trespassing, No Nutty Putty caves!"
I had made a wrong turn, I had been too involved in the music and the night air to know that I had gone an hour out of the way in finding my camping group.

I felt supper scared as I turned off the music to make a phone call and all I could think about as the phone rang was the ghost of John Jones coming in rav through the open windows.

Whoooooo-who!

I hate being alone out by the lake.


But I found them, after backtracking, and off roading I was there with the group camping.

Overly glad the trip was not canceled due to the rain, it became the most enchanting part of the trip.
Among the dessert landscape, with this beautiful smelling rain.

Waking up to the rain hitting your tent, being perfectly comfortable due to the air mattress that car camping allows you to bring, it was lovely

Then it was cooking breakfast under the 4-runner, a bunch of off roading, flat tire scare and then headed home.



The Toyota colors were flying strong.
Perfect little escape, rav and I had a grand time.
Utah is so wonderful.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.