Yesterday was my 15th year anniversary of my open heart surgery!
It really is not my choice to celebrate this every year, but RaVoe never forgets.
I guess it is a Mom thing.
She always does a little something. This year it was my choice sunday dinner, and everyone wrote little notes about why they were happy I was still alive.
After I showed everyone my scar, and max left the room while we all talked about the surgery.
It was quite lovely.
I love a good sandwich and Whit and RaVoe done real good, the food was great.
Then it was outside to launch off the left over lanterns from Chinese New Year.
I love having a full house- with 10 friends over, 7 of us Ortons, and lots of good food the house is such a great place to be.
Thankful to be alive, today and always. Thankful that the doctors were able to save my life.
Thankful for the people my life is made up of- happy, crazy, colorful people surround me.
Thankful that we all get to be here on this planet going through mortality together, with bodies that keep us breathing, and growing, and healthy minds that allow us to expand and interact is so beautifully lucky.
Glad I could stick around a few extra years to be a part of this mortal party.
I really hate missing out.


4 comments:
i wish i could have been there, can you invite me next time, cause i am really glad you are alive.
Oh my. I totally should have invited you!
It was hilarious that the house was full and I had invited only Adam and Adam was the only one that was my friend.
Why did Max leave the room?
Max, and blood? the boy passes right out.
Post a Comment