Sunday, August 4, 2013

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

It was the third phone call that woke me up.
Drew ecstatic that he had just dropped off the Japanese students and had a 15 passenger van all to himself.

So I got dresses as fast as I could and headed down to the van.
One by one we collected friends, almost all of whom were sleeping, and loaded up for a van ride to breakfast.

The Japanesse Students of drew had CDs and songbooks to help them learn English as they drove to and fro. Disney songs, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Neil Diamond. . . each song finding a page in the song book where all the lyrics were printed.

Naturally we all sang along.

I don't know if it was the stress of knowing he was done being a tour guide, or maybe it was the synergy of having the friends all in one vehicle but I have never seen Drew happier.
And while he laughed and shouted rules and lead music his driving took a backseat to the fun.
I have never run a red light with so much speed and with so much anxiety in all my life.
The light had to have been red for a solid 30 seconds, drew just didn't see it.
And he didn't see or care about the two ladies he ran of the road, one in her car, one not.

It was a wild carefree ride.

We had some breakfast then took us all home to start the day. . . .Such a good wake up call.



2 comments:

RaVoe said...

Its adventures like this that I wish I lived near you in the city. You would have picked me up....right?

McKayJoice said...

No question. Of course we would have.

Powered by Blogger.