Thursday morning I woke in Salt Lake not knowing that my day would end eating Chicken and Waffles with Whtiney at Roscoe's on Long Beach.
I love flying, always so magical, eating little bags of chips and drinking little bottles of water high up in the air.
And flying into little Long Beach is so fun, outdoor airport they wheeled the stairs right up to the airplane I felt just like Britney. I waved to everyone on the tarmac.
We stayed with Chip and Becky, and there is no manor or writing that could captivate the happiness and color found there, with three little girls, passion fruit, and a nine-year-old pet bunny Bucky who hops freely in the ever so small yard/patio. The happiest place on earth.
After playing Chip put the girls in dry clothes and we walked along the top of the grassy cliff where lovers had brought a table and chairs and would sip wine and eat cheese and watch the sun set. So utterly romantic.
Then to the pier for dinner where everyone was fishing with glow sticks and Latino music.
It was a crazy weekend for many reason, but the Simpsons sure made it bright, glad I got to go.
3 comments:
You didn't say why you decided to jump on a plane and go see Whitney...
I was trying to be tricky and not say too much. . . I guess you can read about it now.
http://whitdawggg.blogspot.com/2013/08/garden-time.html
She is getting a divorce, and needed a friend.
You're a good sister McKay
Post a Comment