Friday, July 26, 2013

Time to day goodbye. .

The world has heated up to almost unbearable temperatures.
Not only does the sun scorch us from above, but it seems as tho the crust of the earth is thinning, and you can feel the powerful heat of magma just on the other side of the sidewalks and streets.

Sleeping with next to no clothes on, and cold shower is the only escape.

Today I ran home from work to take a break before the dinner rush hit. I was serving tables today so I wear to work long jeans, a long-sleeve button-down shirt, and high-top Vans. .

There is no way to escape a sweaty back/neck/behind the knees from the time period it takes me to get home.

As I walked up to my apartment building the heat was consuming my every step, my mind was racing with a 'to-do' list of things before I had to head back to work, and in the moment my ear caught an open window of an apartment where Andrea Bocelli's Con Te Partiro was playing, on (in my imagination) an old record player.

It was the most bewitching sound to hear, filling the city streets with shear beauty.
All of the sudden it didn't matter what time it was, when I was going to make it down to Highland to see Sam, when I had to be back to work, how I was going to pay bills next week, the three text I had to respond to, even the heat of the day was embraced and enjoyed.


I love this city, I love the movement and the people here, and I am grateful for divine moments for a spiritual pause in the day.
 

.

2 comments:

RaVoe said...

I love this post.

kellichristinecase said...

that song is perfection. a little piece of perfect crystallized into forever.

Powered by Blogger.