I have two e-mails that are (in my mind) high priority to write at this moment yet, I sit and blog.
Because, once again, I have fallen victim to the charm of this city.
On the Eve of General conference, with the weather warming up, this city comes alive.
I biked to work today, with my work clothes in my backpack so I could wear cool street clothes on my bike, I wore my Hailey Devine sunglasses, and a beanie with my hair messy and undone, chewing gum, (in a slow, subtle, mouth-closed-chew way) so cool, too cool. On the street I have no one to answer to, as I rush along with the cars I feel like the city was made for my own personal enjoyment, the people are all tourist here to admire MY city. And I watch them, like idiots turning down one-way streets, or not knowing when to walk across crosswalks, or how to pay for a train ticket, they are everywhere trying to figure out what has now become 2nd nature to me.
From time to time one will stop me, ask for directions, and it thrills me to no end.
I just got home form the pie hole, 1:04am and that place looks like Toys-R-us on Christmas Eve, only instead of barbies and transformers it's local beer and pizza and instead of mom jeans and mod-bod shirts it's hipster glasses, fitted jackets and upper-thigh tattoos, I love it, so alive so late at night.
Jazz game just got out, Mormons are coming to hear the church leaders speak! Hell! Marie Ozmand was at Deseret book signing books and out talking to her people!
It feels good to breath the city air, for the past two week-ish or so I have been so happy to be alive and right were I am, spending late nights listening to poems that make you really think, throwing my shoes of parking garage roof-tops, hanging on the backseat of a motorcycle, or spending my lunch break eating tuna melts at the bakery.
God Bless this salty city. So excited for conference.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment