Monday, February 25, 2013

Talk to me. .

To be able to manipulate words to provoke a feeling in someone, to capture the entire sense of a story, to convey the a deeper level of understanding is a brilliant talent in my opinion. 

Russell Brand is pure genius with words. I heard him talking once in an interview about how when he meets a girl the only thing standing in his way of getting her into bed was a few words. 
I love that funny perspective, to have so much confidence in his words. 

Oscar Wilde has captivated me and I have never met him, from reading a a small sentience come memories and ideas that flow into my mind.  

"I am not young enough to know everything"

"Who, being loved, is poor?"

"They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever"


My meditation teacher has the idea that emotion inside of us can not be labeled by words. 
The word "Happy" is one word for hundreds of feeling that could stir within us. 
My "Sad" can feel so different from day-to-day, and very different from your 'Sad'
To state that 'I am happy today" almost distorts the beauty of the emotion it's self, grouping it with all the other times you have procalmed that statement.  

So I enjoy when a Poet takes 3 minuets to tell one simple idea of "This is how she makes me feel"

I thrive on wit, I am captivated by poems, I think telling a story to someone who is captivated by your every word is one of the best feelings. And listening to someone talk who talks of something they love is even better. 

Connecting with humans is a beautiful thing. 

I wish I was better at it. . 
I get tongue tied when I'm nervous, I become simple when I am intimidated.
I can't find the courage at times be vulnerable. 
Yet as I lay in bed at night, every word falls into place, like a beautiful game of tetris.  
Someday, I will move mountains with my words and conviction. 
Whether that entails making a room full of strangers laugh, declaring my beliefs, or maybe just convincing a child that they are worth something. 

Maybe that is why I like serving tables so much . . . 
"What do you recommend?"
"I'm so glad you asked. . . . .. . "

4 comments:

Whittron said...

Love this post! Oscar Wilde is amazing, you should read his book "Picture of Dorian Gray"... or any of his plays.

I think I would love to wait tables for that reason as well... you are living the dream!

RaVoe said...

You are my favorite story teller...well, you and Abraham Lincoln.

McKayJoice said...

Oh! Mom, I love that!

sunshine said...

Lovely thoughts and feelings.. It's amazing how sometimes the simplest ideas can open our minds and heart to so much reflection.

Thanks for such a great post!

Powered by Blogger.