So I went down for two nights and a day.
I love my Mother, she has been a perfect Mom and homemaker.
Yet teenage years, growing up. . and maybe a bit of us being alike, has made us less then the perfect mother-daughter relationship should be.
Living under the same roof has never been good for either of us, we know that now.
But the past two-ish days were a pure delight.
We visited friends, went grocery shopping, made snowy-day cookies, she showed me the local ice tower and we trespassed to take some pictures, we popped popcorn and watched a movie, laughed the entire way though it, then went through old baby pictures and old jewelry.
Maybe it was the magic of the snow that would not stop falling, but it was nothing but wonderful to be with my Mom. Have her introduce me to some new hip music, being woken up to smoothies and kitty hellos.



2 comments:
Mom also introduced me to that song, now I think of Andie whenever I hear it. What a lovely weekend you two had, I am jealous!!! I love you, mom!!!
My darling McKay, thank you for such a nice post...Im sitting here crying. I love you hon, and I loved our time together...Im so glad you came down. but seriously, why did you post that insane picture of me with Ting Ting?
Post a Comment