Tuesday, January 29, 2013

GRAM that Shiz. .

Marcello rang in the new year (a month ago) with a blog post about Intsagram.
While I have mixed bi-pollar feelings about social media, networking, and offering up absurd information about yourself to anyone who wants to read it, I do admit to really liking intsagram.


Marcello is someone who gets it too.
In his blog he said. .

2012 was the year of Instagram.  Was it because they were bought by Facebook for a billion dollars? Nah...  It was the year is Instagram because there was no other app I enjoyed using than the one they created. And I'm not alone on this one. Over the past year I've seen a good percentage of my Facebook friends fall in love with the app and a majority of my friends have developed an artistic eye because they're searching their surrounding to artistically represent what they were currently doing. My Instagram friends (and real ones) provided photos of sunsets, sunrises, concerts, quiet evenings, food, celebrity sightings, vacations, weddings, births, holidays, new boyfriends/girlfriends, breakups, heartache, airports, clouds from airplane windows, foreign lands, gifts. People used Instagram to announce births, deaths, engagements, marriages, work milestones, anniversaries. Anything of importance that could be  photographed was Instagrammed. 

Instagram allowed us to reach an audience without having to say a whole lot. It's just a picture and a caption. Some people post a photo multiple times a day. Some post a photo once or twice a week. Others, like myself, post a daily photo. I like to think it helps me remember what I did. A photo journal if you will. 



 I share is love, I love pictures, and while my pictures aren't on the level as Marcello with his amazing photography eye I wanted to share mine, but held off. Then after seeing Whintey share her instagrams of the year, I want to post mine, a month late.

JANUARY-
Late night sushi was at it's best, we would go twice a week.
And RaVoe hung her lamp in the laundry room to brighten the gloomy winter season, it looked so happy.


FEBRUARY-
Co-stansa! On a high for weeks meeting him.
Ting Ting helps RaVoe check her e-mail. These two becoming best friends.

MARCH-
We celebrate Casey's birthday, love having him live with us.
Salt Lake in it's wonder.

APRIL-
Easter kittens, born the day before, they melt my heart.
And the Sunday bike rides begin.

MAY-
Road trips and night rides

JUNE-
Bug hunts Swiming in salt Lake.
The Family going out to eat for Max's Birthday, and beautiful bike rides.


JULY-
Bug hunts, soaking up the sun.
Camping and twilight concerts.

AUGUST-
Floating the snake river, Sunday afternoons.

SEPTEMBER-
More insect hunts, more kittens, road trips and Halloween.

 NOVEMBER-
Thanksgiving with Ting Ting, and my bugs.

DECEMBER-
Got a macro lens attachment and taking snowflake pictures with my iphone.
Ward Christmas party at the Joseph Smith Memorial.
Yurt in Oregon and cold days warming up with pie.

There you go. a few moments of 2012.
2013 has a lot to live up to. I love my little Instagram.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

your pumpkin is so cool. and i hope you didn't really eat thanksgiving with your bugs, that's gross and borderline psychopath.

sunshine said...

WOW, I love all your instagram shots, you have a wonderful life!

Powered by Blogger.