The heaters have been turned on in the apartment building and everyone is complaining about the smell, so I keep my mouth shut because I love it. It has acted like a time machine and has brought me back to the time when they turned on the heater last year in this building. I've been here a year, one year. I still find charm in this city, things still feel new and exciting. The salt (lake) of the earth. The flavor to my life, the song in my heart. I'm convinced that I walk differently from adapting to the city.
I just got home from watching the elections down in Provo, I know everyone is up in arms on facebook.
And the only status update that I really enjoyed was Sean Hansen's that read "I sure hope "butthurt" is covered under Obamacare." Other then that it is a real annoyance to see how people like to display their opinions.
GET A BLOG! Right?. . right?

For me, can I just say here, that I was positive that Romney would win. And I am surprised at how sad I am that that is not the case. I've never been that heavily involved in the elections before.
When I drove back into the city I noticed that the Walker tower lights were off, and they are never off. I know this because I make it a point to look at the walker tower every time I'm out in the city night.
(The lights (colors and blinking) will indicate the weather for the following day)
And it just made all my sad feelings come full circle. No light? What will tomorrow be like? Dark? uncertain?
I worry about America.
4 comments:
I'm really glad that you posted something about this. I actually registered to vote for the first time in my life, and I registered on my birthday- one day late. I cried when they sent the e-mail telling me that afterwards. I'm not a political person, and though I have my little opinions about both candidates, I do feel sad too. So does my husband. Not just for this, but for the changes that are happening in our country, the struggles that so many face and work through each day. After it was announced I asked my husband, 'so what is the plan for the next four years now?' And I don't know if anyone can really answer that.
No light! I worry too.
You have a new way to walk, walk, walk. (did you picture those pigs on sesame street singing?)
I love those pigs! And that song!
Post a Comment