Two hours with Drew quickly turned into an entire day with Drew and three Turkish men, and three Macedonian girls.
Drew and I felt like we were tour guides/parents, talking in real dumbbed down English, showing them our city, pausing every 20 feet for 5 pictures.
Of all the pictures, this one is my favorite because this is what Drew's face looked like all day.
The Turks would try and play jokes on us, and Drew would mess with them, their broken English is so dang funny.
"Why not?"
"Why yes!"
We took a tour of the conference center with Ruby (bless her old missionary heart), stopped to see the Governor at the capital, went to Memory Grove where they were memorized by the dogs, shopped city creek, rode tracks, gateway mall, had lamb for dinner, back to my apartment, and then back to the hotel.
They were captivated by this girl taking her bridals at the capital, "where is her husband?"
Chinese man wanted in, then proceeded to re-arrange all of us, different poses for the picture.
They bought 9 bottles. . . I have no idea why.
"I am a good Mormon"
"No, you are not, you are Muslim"
At the and of the day the girls gave Drew and I some beer, as a thank you? as a joke? there is no way to know.
They told me and drew if we want to come to Turkey "you will be the favorite people"
"How much for an apartment in turkey?"
"For you? fifty. . . . Or if you want, it is free" (wish you could hear it in that Turkish accent, so funny)
It sounds like a good deal, Drew and I might take advantage.
Turkey in the spring would be amazing.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Istanbul is calling your name. And stop in spain on your way ok?
Post a Comment