Drew loves the wild wild west, anything western, I think it is a time period that fits him well, and for a few years now he has been throwing a Saloon party.
From what I hear, it started off with drew cutting out cardboard swinging doors and some IBC root beers, and every year it grows more elaborate.
It has gotten to the point were he was converted his basement into a Saloon, with a stage and a bar, balcony, old photographs, chandlers and sconces.
Drew's Dad works at the local theater, and his brother-in-law is a electrician and the three of them have created a magical little world.
Drew has a program outlined, and he is in full character as he bosses everyone around, with clever cowboy humor.
This year, we had a shaving demonstration, Poetry reading, Puppet show from another demention, the polygamy wifes sang a song, a kid with his coon hat and banjo stole our hearts away, scary stories, the Clydesdale sisters performed a singing/dancing number, and Drew gave a demonstration on how to tie a noose and hang a man.
Then we all took shots, and more shots, and let our dancing boots grid the peanut shells into the floor.
Mr. Hansen should have won best dressed, he was looking mighty fine.
Drew had set up a photo room, and while he has the rights to these pictures and i'm sure will want to photoshop them, but I wanted to show a few. . . So good.
I can't get enough of Drew Van Dyke, it was fun to help him out this year. We decided that in 10 years, if life hasn't offered us any other companions then we are getting married, because the parties we would throw together would be amazing.
God Bless America!!




4 comments:
That Looks Like SO Much Fun!! :D
this party looks AWESOME!! Great pics!!
I am legitimately sad I missed this party...sooooo awesome!
OMG! I totally went to high school with a kid in a few of your pictures. That's really funny.
Also, why was I not invited to this?
Post a Comment