Salt Lake comes alive on conference weekend!
The bums live on cloud nine as the Mormons take sympathy and fill their little cups with money. I'm sure they made more then I did today, (which quite depressing and hilarious at the same time) The protesters come with their little coolers full of lunches and water bottles so they can 'educate' all the Mormons on the truth all day long. The missionaries suits are all clean and ready to be good little representatives if a situation raised. The square is packed with spring flowers, I've heard rumor (from a very unreliable source) of a multi million dollar heating system underground that speeds up the seasons on the square, and I might be able to believe it because of the amazing brilliance of the flowers right now, you walk through the square and you can smell the spring, it is lovely.
And the Mormons came, hundreds of them, thousands of them, and fill the crosswalks like water in the river, in this continuous flow that is near impossible for the crossing guards to contain.
It is so exciting to me, to be around the madness, to contribute to the madness. To watch this beautiful city hold on to it's roots of the saints who first came to the valley.
I timed my walk to work at the same time that the men were gathering to go to priesthood. I can't get enough of a man in a good looking suit. The only thing better then a man in a suit is hundreds of good looking men in suits, swarming all around you trying to make their way to go listen to the Prophet. .
Guys in suits coming into Blue Lemon looking so sharp. Uumm boy.
At the end of the work day we all stood around the computer as our manager pulled up the final total of the sales of the day. $22,708.46! and that might mean nothing to you, but to all of us who had been through a day of pure chaos, to Thad who had spent 4 hours rolling silverware in the back in order to keep up, it was a feeling of awe, a feeling of wonder towards what we had accomplished as a team, the biggest number to date at Blue Lemon. . . that is so much money.
So great.
General Conference, Tomas S Monson called it a time when
"we realize the need to reach heaven ward."
Such a sweet way of putting it.
What a great time to be alive, what a great time to live in Salt Lake.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like Salt Lake City is a great place to live, I am glad you enjoyed your conference!
Once again I love your banner with the sock monkey, makes me smile every time I visit your blog!
Please come by my blog today and sign up for my latest handmade giveaway, a perfect Spring gift!
http://suchlifeinthetropics.blogspot.com
Happy April!
I love your blog.
This post made me miss home.
McKay, here's some info from a very reliable source. They have tunnels under a lot of temple square (as you know) so people can go between buildings without traffic, so the plants above them grow faster because it's warm below.
That's about it. No big secret.
Hey! Julie! That is great! That totally makes sense, I should have known.
Part of conference is always pointing you out in the choir. . you guys sounded great!
Post a Comment