I have been working so close to this place now for 6+ months and there really was still no way to prepare me of the events today, for the massive mall and all of it's splender.
Leah and I work up early today to do breakfast at the Lion house (So good, and so cheap.)
After we ate we thought well, lets go check out the mall. (thinking that the highlight of our day was the breakfast)
And as we walk across the street we entered into another world, a world where all your problems melt away, a world where all your dreams come true, a place that they call City Creek.
We saw Carole Mikita, Miss Salt Lake City, Johnny from the Ward, we turn the corner and there is David Guetta, just playing away at his cello (Leah loves him, she requested THIS SONG and he played it for her)
After the ribbon cutting and the fireworks we saw these guys . .
And shook the hand of the Governor. . I wanted to tell him "I've been in your house."
John Bytheway was hanging out at Deseret Book. And Eclipse was hanging out steeling all the young girls hearts. . . (Eclipse made my day, I couldn't help being all awkward and giggly watching them skit-scat away, so great!)
They even Made a little song just for the mall.
And the mall is amazing, so posh, so advance, something none of us can live up to, yet all of us will try.
Something that will change my downtown little job forever.
After work (Not Blue Lemon) I went back by myself and walked around at night. . . so great.
| Covered roof in the morning, open and letting in the cool night air by night. |
I thought the shoppers would like it if I provided some entertainment, so I went into the bathroom and changed into my gold spandex and did my classic 'statue on a box' routine.
Just wanted to add something special of my own to the night.
6 comments:
I went with Drew tonight and he couldn't stop talking about how "posh" it is. You two share at least a small portion of the same brain.
But it really is excellent.
You are my answer to prayers. I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of City Creek and knew you would by the first one to introduce me to this "wonderland". This morning I gathered all the secretaries and the principals to join with me in your brilliant review. They were just as enchanted as I was! I promise when we come we will find you on duty to eat sweet potato fries at the B.L.
Am I lame and out of the loop because I don't know who Eclipse is?
I am so grateful that all those years of statue lessons are finally paying back.
I didn't know you had statue lessons.
Yeah, who the fu is Eclipse? Retractable roofs? Oh man!! This is all so surreal. I must go lay my eyes upon it!
Post a Comment