The picture says it all.
I love this little man.
He came to UVU and Sam was kind enough to let me tag along with him.
He told a story about 50 marines in uniform approached him in a restaurant in California, One of them spoke to him and in so many words said-
"Mr. Alexander Sir, my name is (insert official name here) and on behalf of (insert name of platoon) I would like to say thank you.
When we were out on the front line, we would go out to fight everyday, and we would see horrible things, and we would do horrible things. At night when we would get back to camp, we would watch 3 or 4 of your episodes, and it brought us back to humanity, it made us laugh when it was almost impossible.
We consider you and your friends the 51st, 52nd, 53rd, and 54th members of our platoon, and we thank you"
And he was crying, and the marine was crying. .
Shoot. Too bad Lary David wasn't around for World War II! Viktor Frankl's book would have been a lot more interesting.
But it was so great to see George, I was a bit star struck and even got in a question to the Q&A session. That show will forever be a comedic staple in society and when I am an old lady I can pull this picture out and show the kids, assuring me a place in their hearts.
Remember kids- It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Who the hell is Lary David?
This made me cry.
Lary David?
Only the head writer, and executive producer Seinfeld.
Thou Shalt covet.... Im sorry - I'm coveting.
Oh My Goodness.. Such a Good Photo, he looks great and you are GORGEOUS!! :) I would have loved to meet that guy too, he's pretty neat outside of the Seinfield Universe!
Post a Comment